How are Things Now?

Savittre

Hi Guys,

I've been reviewing the Pattaya forum; Nov. 16, '09 post "Pattaya in Golden Age" makes it sound great! Then, Feb. 16, '10 "Pattaya Crackdown"...

Could anyone tell me what things are like there now? I'll be there next week, so I'm curious about what to expect.

I don't really care if the 2am closing time is being enforced, 2am's usually late enough for me anyway. But I do like raunch, sleaze, and an 'interactive' atmosphere, so I hope THAT'S not being spoiled!!

Thanks!

It's great right now. Any crackdowns are tiny blips on the radar. High season was ok, but now there are few punters and the girls just keep coming. I met an awesome young lass last night who had only been in Pattaya 3 days--she was just gorgeous.

The golden age is back now that high season is gone.

I met an awesome young lass last night who had only been in Pattaya 3 days--she was just gorgeous.

You have lived in Thailand How Long? and you still believe these lies

:rotl::rotl::rotl:

Believe what you want, but new girls *do* arrive every day. It's possible she was lying, but all the tell-tale signs were there that she was telling the truth and was fresh off the boat.

Yes, they do arrive fresh to the market.

I was at a bar at soi cowboy last month when 2 girls from Issan rocked up, showed their proof of age, handed over 500 baht to pay for their costume and started that night.

One of the 2 girls was so shy, she had refused bar fines for 2 1/2 weeks (I had to leave so, I am unaware of her status at the moment).

Her refusal of knocking back bar fines was enjoyed at first, by one of those freaky looking ladies trying to be a man. However, she/he got pissed off after a week or so, so I am guessing, she/he got a knockback as well.

So, yes, this girl may be telling you the truth, but the general rule should be, to take what they say with a grain of salt, but smile, enjoy and see where things may take you.

I was with a newbie (Aussie) who tagged around with some friends of mine and myself for a few days (we had a mutual like for cricket), he was eager to know how things worked and asked many questions about the nightlife in Bangkok, particularly the bar scene. I told him, "take what they say with a grain of salt, but smile, enjoy and see where things may take you" and "I will only tell you once".

Well, he took a fancy to one of the bar staff at Tilac (who usually serves me drinks, has done so for years) - he also ignore my advice to keep it in the pants and have a good look around, as once you piss somewhere, you mark your ground and the other girls will know what you did, who you did it with and how good you were at it.

This bar-staff girl has always been good for a conversation, and hands me back my sunglasses, keys or phone if I accidentally forget to take them when I leave. Well, after about 30 minutes of chat with this girl, he leans to me and says, "she is nice, told me she has only been here for 27 days, I am going to bar fine her".

So, I was torn between sticking up for a good acquaintance (the bar-staff girl) or looking out for a nice mannered newbie. I decided to let him enjoy what he thought was the truth, but warned him, pay no more then 2,000 baht and say short time only. He asked why, I said "if she does like you, time will not be a factor, and long time tends to be short time 9 times out of 10".

Next day, he told me she stayed the night and did not want money. Now he is in love. I guess she is aiming at a permanent residency visa back to Oz.

I met an awesome young lass last night who had only been in Pattaya 3 days--she was just gorgeous.

You have lived in Thailand How Long? and you still believe these lies

:rotl::rotl::rotl:

Believe what you want' date=' but new girls *do* arrive every day. It's possible she was lying, but all the tell-tale signs were there that she was telling the truth and was fresh off the boat.

[/quote']

I'm guessing that Khun Mekong is just feeling his oats...nothing personal. That sad, I agree that new girls join the game constantly...as do those who get out of the game. Certainly, there are ways to tell if a girl is really "new"...to the specific venue or the workforce in general. Maybe a good subject for discussion in a separate thread? I haven't seen one that I can recall.

HH

Certainly, there are ways to tell if a girl is really "new"...to the specific venue or the workforce in general. Maybe a good subject for discussion in a separate thread? I haven't seen one that I can recall.

HH

Good idea, I'll go start one now.

oops

I'm over dodging Chinese and Korean tour groups. I know - I should count my blessings and just stay away from Walking Street - but those rose-coloured glasses have kicked in big time this trip. Would have gone to Hua Hin, but Ms CP has family there, not to mention an extensive spy network.

Archived