Proposed New Meeting Place

cavanami

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

excellent idea - free tex-mex at soi 14 on friday yeah? how about beers though - they stock the lao? or like KS said try out different places? :)

anyway whatever the venue will be (hopefully los lobos) friday should be a likely attendence for me - furthermore so far away from sc may help to keep it a not so late evening :cover:

Hi,

"why is a new meeting place wanted? "

To be honest, I think the fixed meeting dates are becoming a thing of the past. Too many regulars have either moved on or are for other reasons no longer making it to the meetings often anymore.

For me a big part of the reason is that I now work from home, so rather than swinging by after work I now have to specifically travel to the meeting. An hour back and forth, and it isn't uncommon that people don't appear until close to 7pm and start moving on again around 8pm. Traveling an hour just to eat and spend an hour talking to guys isn't something I am really up for every week.

Sanuk!

Munch,

From the Asoke BTS - Los Colos is about 50 meters from the skytrain stairs. Bradman's is about 600 meters.

From the Sukhumvit MRT - Los Colos is about a 150 meter walk - all via escalator or skybridge until the same last 50 meters. Bradman's is about 500 meters.

Plus - there is free parking there. For Bradman's the only reliable parking is at Jasmine Hotel.

So, Cav - you make any plans with the owner for tomorrow? I'll shout for the first Beer Tower - I think 3 liters is about 650 baht during happy hour - but remember the timing is until 7:00 pm.

Worldfun - I'll have some cookies for you.

Cheers!

Archived