Mac Boutique Suites Update....

hyaehus

Got fed up with the Landmark and went to Mac Boutique suites on Sukhumvit Soi 7.

If one is looking for a quiet, well run, extremely clean, efficient place.....not many people, guest friendly,,,,this might be a good choice. Its not real cheap but reasonable and the best value for price I've run across here plus if you ask they may beat their internet discount rate if you stay longer (I'm here for a month).

I must say that the staff here seem to go out of their way to eagerly help with any issue. Very friendly. Their effort matches my experience in the best 5 star places I've visited over the years.

Free internet use in the lobby.

The hotel is 1 1/2 years old.

The only thing is its an Indian Restaurant so if you're not fond of that cuisine, lunch,dinner and room service might not be an option, but their free buffet breakfast has all the goodies to make most westerners happy.

The Biergarden is down the street about 300 meters. Taxi's always going by....

Just learned this morning that one can get from here (Soi 7) to Soi 11 through the side of the hotel down and alley about 50 meters distance. It solves the lunch and dinner options.....lots to choose from the Grand President to German and Swiss restaurants/pubs if you don't want to stray far from the hotel on occasion.

Presidential Suite 2500 per night...Room 301/309 are the largest by just a small bit but the furniture added is nice but I prefer the other rooms (I'm on a higher floor). The Presidential Suites are suites with 1 1/2 baths, but Presidential is stretching it a bit.......The furniture is "colorful" and there are some nice touches in decoration (glass cabinets with statues, decorative bowls) and has everything one expects,,,,minibar, safe,,,a fair amount of storage......and good baths.

Actually, I think they're underpriced, but talked to the staff and found out their running at 40% occupancy that doesn't give one much pricing power. Unbelievably clean....the floors are pristine.....

I visited about 14 hotels within the first two days here.....there is no doubt in my mind that rooms in this place commands about a 50% premium in value for cash compared to the rest.

The President group apart/hotels on Soi 11 are the closest....at least from my humble observations.

What was somewhat amusing,,,they have a little book that sits out on the front desk that is in 20 font that says "JOINER BOOK". They don't indicate a number (like some do) is too many sultry wenches to drag past them.

Presidential Suite 2500 per night...Room 301/309 are the largest by just a small bit but the furniture added is nice but I prefer the other rooms (I'm on a higher floor). The Presidential Suites are suites with 1 1/2 baths, but Presidential is stretching it a bit.......The furniture is "colorful" and there are some nice touches in decoration (glass cabinets with statues, decorative bowls) and has everything one expects,,,,minibar, safe,,,a fair amount of storage......and good baths.

Actually, I think they're underpriced, but talked to the staff and found out their running at 40% occupancy that doesn't give one much pricing power. Unbelievably clean....the floors are pristine.....

I visited about 14 hotels within the first two days here.....there is no doubt in my mind that rooms in this place commands about a 50% premium in value for cash compared to the rest.

The President group apart/hotels on Soi 11 are the closest....at least from my humble observations.

What was somewhat amusing,,,they have a little book that sits out on the front desk that is in 20 font that says "JOINER BOOK". They don't indicate a number (like some do) is too many sultry wenches to drag past them.

Just talked to the GM.

He mentioned that they believe the reason the occupancy is so low relates to the lack of a pool and exercise facilities.....He indicated its the common question from a lot of foreigners who don't stay here.....I mentioned I don't play pool but it was lost on him....thought it prudent not to mention the workout is in the rooms themselves.

They have plans to put a pool on the roof of the next building and are awaiting initial permitting involving city engineering verifying the floor loading.

He indicates the owners have wealth and want to do what it takes to make it a competitive property.

I will stay here on my next trip.

and are awaiting initial permitting involving city engineering verifying the floor loading.

He indicates the owners have wealth and want to do what it takes to make it a competitive property.

I am sure that the floor loading calculations will in no way be influenced by the owners wealth or their willingness to do "what it takes"

In Thailand, this is one process that pretty much works. IMHO, the government does a great job with building design/permitting. In Bangkok, they do a pretty fair job of determining the principles of structural engineering are adhered to .

Pehaps you're unaware that at least in these instances, the government doesn't corrupt the data or approve sub-standard designs that might fail. Some have claimed the "incentives" are offered to speed the process......

The reason is at best they go to jail if a structural failure occurs, at worst, if someone dies, as has happened, they'll be lucky to get life....death sentences have been given in the past.

Construction companies also receive criminal penalties for not following the drawings or using sub-standard materials if a failure occurs.....

The government is eager to find cause/blame....Fines and/or jail in about 100% of building structural failures with commercial properties in Bangkok.....

Archived