Info on Nana Hotel

I am looking at staying at the Nana Hotel on my next trip. I have bee to BKK previously and stayed at other places but usually ended up at the Nana - hanging around the lobby watching the world go by, sitting in the bar or enjoying the disco offerings and of course "bar crawling" at Nana Plaza. Next time I will save on shoe leather and stay there. However a couple of questions

- What is the differnece between the suites and the deluxe rooms (are the suites worth the extra 600b?)

- Which part of the building is the quitest - and has a view (need to be able to see the outside world.)

Thanks guys.

;

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with Shygye, anything above the seventh floor is fine.

I stayed there twice last fall.

The first time through I had a room the third floor, with a view of the next building, and the room was older and a little run down. In fact, there were even a few cockroaches but they don't eat much so I let them stay.

The second time through I was on the eighth floor and the room was much newer, but a little smaller.

I found the rooms to be clean and the cleaning staff to be quite courteous as well as generous with the towels. Of course slipping them 50 baht every couple of days helps immensely.

IMO - the location is perfect with the disco downstairs and Nana Plaza across the street. A 5-minute walk to the Beergarten and/or the Grace.

And the show in the lobby every night from about 11 pm to closing is worth the price of admission by itself. It's like driving by a car wreck, you can't help but gawk.

I believe that I paid 1200 baht a night, which was a bit steep but acceptable.

stay on the 7th or above

last xmas they put me in 661 and when I opened

the curtain I had a wonderful view of a brick wall

Made the room too dark.

The other good rooms to stay in are the rooms overlooking the pool, sometimes good eye candy can be had.

Book thru Nanatours on the hotel web site and you'll

get the rooms for 850Bht including breakfast

cheers

I have one more question - and then I'll book a room - Is there a quiet or quieter side of the building? - once again thanks for the help fellas.

• [color:blue]"Ask them when you make the reservation. Also specify that you want to face a certain direction. If it doesn't work out that way on arrival, ask to switch that night, or the next day."color=blue>

I asked them for certain room types etc., but upon booking they guaranteed nothing.

Archived