Info on Nana Hotel

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The desk is positioned directly in front of the lifts. They do ask for the girls ID. If the girl does not have an ID you are asked to sign a book that she also signs. However this one girl I was with did not want to be bothered and we just went directly to the lifts and ignored the guards. No problem.

Several hotels I've stayed in gave me the most crap room they had because I asked them to hold it til like 2AM because of a late flight the first time I stayed there. It was dismal with a wall to look at for scenery, fluorescent bulbs, insects, a perfect outfit for a dingy hotel scene. This is if the hotel is mostly full or has high demand though.

The next day they subsequently agreed to and did switch me to much better accomodation on another floor, as someone had left, but they did not want to hold such a nice room when I could've no showed. I imagine this would be a bit more of a hassle and maybe impossible during the high season (switching). However, reservations are kind of touch and go with most Thai run hotels. I am sure Top End places it's much less the case. I have been to my regular hotel so much now though that they know me, and the previous worries no longer exist.

It's who you know, and small friendly relationships. This being a small petty example, but with myriad tiny perks.

Does anyone know if personal safes are available in the rooms at Nana.

Last time I stayed at Majestic, and though the safes were available, they could be opened with the room key. I didn't think this was too secure as any guest in my room could wake up and clean out the safe.

thanks,

GW

Hi!

I know that this has been discussed before and there will never be a consensus. However consider what happens if something is stolen from your in room safe without any signs of breaking in. The hotel management will take no responsibillity whatsoever. Chamber maids and miantainance people among others could have copied the key. A short time visitor could have opened it while you were in the bathroom.

A saftty deposit at the front desk on the other hand cannot be opened without the participation of the staff. The police can always pinpoint someone that is responsible.

At Nana the photo copy of the passport also add some additional security.

regards

ALHOLK

If I recall, you also sign in and out each time you go into it, so they can narrow down the time frame if something is missing. Good system. As for Majestic, it is an electronis key and if you keep it with you at all times, no problem, unless you lose it, then big problem. The front desk claims it is the only one, and they would have to call a lock smith to get you in, at a hefty fee...

Hi!

There was a thread about this on some board. I foget which one though. The point was that it is not impossible to find out which keys were used. A method mentioned was smearing the keys with a thin layer of vaselin. Also dusting a keypad for fingerprints is easy and requires no high tech equipment. If its a four digit code you only have to try an average of 12 combinations, with a maximum of 24, to open the safe.

I still feel more comfortable with people watching the safe.

Archived