Info on Nana Hotel

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While at the Grand President a few weeks ago, my safe would not open. I called front desk, and they sent someone. Actually 2 people showed up. One in a suit, the other looked to be security. The suit guy took out an electronic device with a cable attached to it, with a plug on the end not unlike a computer printer cable. He plugged it in to a receptical under the handle. Digital display on his unit ran through a series of numbers, and voila'. Safe door swung open. So....there is no standard key to these things. They must be opened electronicaly. Security guy was writting on a clip board recording event. All very proffesional.

db,

" cleverly omitted all references to Vaseline "

Should not make you wonder, Vaseline has been invented by my friend Robert Cheseborough in 1859 and I hate so see Bobby been abused in a sex-related context. Although he has contributed so much already to ease traffic in Sukhumvit area.

So many well-known , serious posters worried about th safes in Nana-hotel. Is this becoming a new hotspot for money-laundering ?

I would imagine that master lock breaker would be coded to be only able to open the safes that are on property. These safes are the same brand name that you find everywhere in US for many years now. Can't imagine Co. would have a system where a disgruntled employee could steal one and be able to open every safe at every Hilton, Sheraton, etc. throught the world.

Funny....I was going to say "yea....but locksmiths would need access to the room".....HELLOW. From what I witnessed, the process took less than 5 seconds. I think widget just needed to process hotel code, and then 'unlock' code. Very few numbers were displayed, and ran through, on digital display.

Archived