One Night In Silly

bust

4 floors of whores.

Floor 3 is particularly good - the niche bars on the right and to the back, lots of Brazilian and other South American girls.

Avoid the large disco on floor 2, as it is full of girls you'll meet next week in Bangkok.

That all said - for a really interesting night out, try Geyling.

Hotels there are clean and (for Singapore) cheap at around $50/60 a night.

Street walkers are fascinating. I saw a Sri Lankan man, fat, nice handle bar moustache, pity about the 5 day facial growth, in a Lycra mini skirt selling himself as "Young Sri Lycra Lovely".

Sammy's website, a Singapore "sex" web site is worth joining for the serious at heart.

"Health" massage venues are all over town, if your get desperate.

Is "Lucy's Oar House" in Nagoya still around? It has been a long time since I went to Batam. There used to be a guy named Jensen that hung out at Lucy's and would take you around to the different places in town that had girls, trying find the type of girl you wanted. Afterwards he would say to pay him whatever you thought his services were worth. Nice enough guy for a pimp.

Nagoya was a real shit hole 10 years ago and the majority of the Indo girls I saw did nothing for me. Too dark, too fat, horrible fashion sense and too much make up. But after a lot of searching I did find an adorable little thing at one place. It was 350K Indonesian Rupees for 24 hours which I made full use of. I did spoil her a bit being the Indonesian Millionaire that I was. But she definitely earned her money in bed.

I remember sending her off the next afternoon only to get a light knock on the door a few minutes later. When I opened the door she stood there in the hall with her head down. I thought maybe she had forgotten something but she said with a sad voice that I didn't give her a kiss goodbye. It may have been an act. If so it was a good one. The memory of her standing there pouting is still vivid after all these years. The rest of Batam is just as well forgotten.

Jenson showed me around back in Nov 2004. He told me he is from East Timor. In one karoke joint, a minivan full of Singaporean men parked out front and bought the place out of girls and took them back to their hotel suite for a party. Haven't been back to Batam since. The girls who worked in the bars in the Nagoya Entertainment District looked like they had been working there since Suharto was in power. Found some good action in the discos, especially Pacifica. Too many people approaching you trying to sell ecstasy.

• 9 months later...

Lots of hotels around Orchard Road, but tend to be mostly pricey.

I've never had a problem bringing back girls to Sillypore Hotel looms, but have only done it a handful of times.

For the cheapest sex in Silly, go to Geylang. Masses of street-walkers and brothels around there. Lots of Thai girls working in fishbowls etc.

Made my eyes pop out of my head first time I saw Geylang - didn't expect anything like this in Singapore at all! Just masses of hookers, sluts, ladyboys, touts and low-lifes all over the place... from many different countries. Didn't feel unsafe at all.

Most of the brothels are $70 - $90 or so for 45 minutes to an hour (one "shot" only).

Girls can be expensive at Orchard Towers - $150 up or so.

Lots of "massage" with extras available in The Pearl Centre in China Town. I like staying in this area - cheap hotels (such as The Royal Peacock) and a lot of character. Cheap food around here too.

Try Hotel Ibis Bencoolen for a cheap but modern hotel if the more traditional thing isn't your style.

Archived