Time To "Bitch-slap Israel"?

Hugh_Hoy

>modern history of Cambo would know that the French are to blame. <

Kissinger's carpet bombing & imperialist goal of getting rid of king Sihanouk definitely facilitated the Khmer Rouge's rise to dominance & "success".

Pol Pot's hatred of every aspect of the imperialist colonial ways ( the frogs) definitely was responsible for the killings

BUT .. his rise to power was facilitated by the idiotic murderous carpet bombing US

which was the point of my post you asserted was posted by a lesser being than your self.

ok genius .. the pre WWII Tokyo Accord was valid or not?

agreed, colonialism is the root of many of the planets 21st century problems

name an area of terrorism that was not a colony in the mid 20th century .. Brits are often quick to point out Afghanistan was not a 'colony' .. was some sorta occupied / ruled protectorate.

from the PIs to africa .. colonialism disrupted indigenous culture & ..

continues til today in Palestine, Iraq, Afghanistan .. Falklands :cussing: .. Ireland .. :stirthepo

what colonial AHs created the Palestine, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan .. Kashmir issue?

the dopey French watershed imperialism is the base of the Preah Vihear issue .. like the Mississippi watershed that resulted in the Louisiana Purchase

the western edge of the Chuor Phnum Dângrêk slopes gently to the Cambodian plains

in '98 on a motor cycle day trip out of Phnom Phen along the Mekong we encountered a village .. stopped to get a drink .. I felt like a white kitchen appliance amongst the Khmen & decided there were Khmer Rouge murderers amongst the gawking Khmen .. never been so glad to get off a red dirt road & back to black top in my life.

the camera around my neck was worth more than most of those families survived on for a year!

name a 'non-christian colonial imperialist country' ..

IMHO, 'contiguous land acquisition' is very different from remote colonialism

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most historians I've read discount the crappola about the US being responsible for the KR takeover, saying it would in all probability have happened anyway without the carpet bombing. But you're right about the Froggies. None of it would have happened if they'd stayed home. Even effing HCM would never have been a waiter in Paris and come in contact with the French communists. ;)

I've always wanted to find out more about a Vietnamese mission sent to the US in the 19th century to ask for help against the French imperialists. It was right after the US Civil War, and Washington told them they weren't interested in Asia. :hmmm:

>>Just think of the housing shortage if we all suddenly decided to "go back home" to the UK, Ireland, Germany etc.

.... that's exactly my point. Don't tell me, tell Lazyphil... he's the one who uses this red herring.. You're not allowed to criticize Israel's colonial land theft in the 21st Century because your ancestors did the same thing in Virginia and Botany Bay eons ago.

World morality has moved on since then.. we no longer kidnap Africans to make them slaves, nor hang starving children for stealing a loaf of bread.

And we should equally in the 21st century no longer support or turn a blind eye to an apartheid racist Jewish nation that allows a New York born squattler waving an Uzi in one hand and a bible in the other to evict defenceless Palestinians from homes they have lived in for generations, because some fuckwit says,"God gave me this land." Will someone please put God on the witness stand at the UN war crimes tribunal. If he doesn’t show up, then his evidence is inadmissible!

It's time someone gave Israelis a reality check. I hope Obama can do it for their own good.

Lack of ME peace progress is losing any Arab good will Obama created (and needs to pressure Iran) at his Cairo Uni speech, the prestige he gained with the Nobel Peace prize and the hope the world had that something might finally be happening to solve this conflict.

Next news will be Israel bombing Iran’s nuclear facilities, all hell breaks loose, Straits of Hormuz closed, Hezbollah rockets raining down again on Israel, Israel retaliating, thousands of innocents killed on both sides, car bombs exploding in US and European cities, world held to ransom, double dip recession… and all because Israel refuses détente by conceding a handful of land swaps for their illegal settlements and a fudged compromise over Jerusalem, holy to 3 religions, not exclusively to Jews.

It beggars belief that this fanatical rogue nation continues to be the tail that wags the US dog.

That’ll be another fine mess you’ve gotten us into, Israel.

:beer:

You shouldn't be online now, Flasher. You're missing the dittoheads on Zionist Murdoch's Fox Noise. Enjoy your freedom fries!

:beer:

The US conservatives are currently solidarizing with the pro Israel groups and as I understand the US Jews are a very influential group in US politics.

I guess this will turn nasty soon.

Jewish Americans are concentrated in cities where they can swing elections by voting as a block. Thus wise politicians are careful not to offend them.

I've never understood why African Americans don't get with it and use their voting strength effectively in the same way. Instead of knee jerk voting for every Democratic candidate (no matter what a douche bag), they could use their voting power to bargain for support for issues that interest them. Of course, that will never happen with "leaders" like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. :dunno:

Archived