Paranoia Justification

rickfarang

This is an quote taken from a short article in today's Bangkok post, titled: "Allies warned government of attacks".

"Our ally countries , including the United States of America, have tapped the phone conversations between former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra and red-shirt leaders."

It seems the person being quoted might have weakened the government's hand just a little by letting this bit of information out of the bag. The fugitive ex-PM has been tipped off that he had better find a more secure means of holding confidential discussion.

It reminds me of a government announcement last week, when somebody called a press conference and said (I paraphrase)"We studied the possibilities for two days straight, and have determined that the red shirt protesters can put a strangle hold on the cities if they block intersections A, B, and C." And then less than 24 hours later, the red shirts announced "We plan to hold rallies at intersections A, B, and C."

Back to tapping international phone calls: Those of us who are paranoid about such things going on. I hope none of us is involved in anything that politicians are too interested in, but I think this recent admission proves that the truly paranoid have something to be paranoid about.

Archived