Cardioversion

Coss

People raving on about their health makes for boredom, but I relate the following in case anyone else gets one of these Atrial Fibrillations.

For the uninitiated an Atrial Fibrillation is where the two Atriums of one's heart start quivering and not pumping blood. Whilst the Ventricles below keep on keeping on. The net result is that one gets only about 60 or 70 % of normal blood flow, making one dizzy and weak on occasion.

In Middle Earth we have free health care, and when you are on the brink of death they leap to action and are really quite brilliant. But if you are not actually dying right now, they'll stick you on a waiting list.

So I've been waiting over a year now for what they call a Cardioversion (a brief procedure where an electrical shock is delivered to the heart to convert an abnormal heart rhythm back to a normal rhythm). Just like E.R.

Well it was my time, last Thursday I went in, they administered the General Anaesthetic and it was like I blinked my eyes and it was over, I was in another room and an hour later. but I had no sense that it took more than the millisecond it took me to blink. Wonderful modern drugs, same ones that killed Wacko Jacko.

Anyhow, from the log,

1st shock no change - Atrial Fibrillation continues,

2nd shock and change - Ventricle Fibrillation (6 minutes of this and I'm dead),

wind up knob to 360 joules and 3rd shock and change - Sinus Rhythm (heart all normal even though that sounds like Nasal Birth Control).

So net result is I'm cured, have energy, feel great, not tired, but still no one to root, not since Saffron anyway.

Hope this helps some one.

Cheers

Coss

They put a Pacemaker in my Pop to correct a problem like this, not sure if he had the exact same problem...when he needs a check up, he phones the doctor, holds the phone by the Pacemaker which transmit data over the phone...amazing stuff!

Cheers! and stay on the mend!!!

Coss - I think my father had something like that, not a heart attack, but where the rythm got out of wack, what do you expect from a white country boy, no sence of rythm

To cure it back then, mid 80's they basically thumped his chest real hard, bounced that ticker back into rythm,

I think your method sounds better

Archived