Hate Stray Dogs

Savittre

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

chuckwoww is correct avoid eye contact as the number one rule...pass by normally...usually no problem.

I used to carry a biscuit or two...made some good friends who would follow me about. Important to pick out the pack leader and make him your buddy. He is the one nailing all the females while the other mutts look on. Thats why all the dogs in a given area look similar.

I have...seriously...been saved by soi dogs I have fed. ALmost got jumped one night and a pack of 'buddies' that got a treat from me now and again formed up and chased off a small group of would be muggers.

Amazing Bangkok - the safest big city in the communist world.

To the original poster:

The best way to get soi dogs to leave you alone is to get a Thai lady to get an oversize rat trap and use it to trap a soi dog. Once you have the soi dog, have the Thai lady butcher the dog and have her serve you up some soi dog curry on rice. After you have eaten a few bowls of this treat, the soi dogs should leave you completely alone.

This should last for 3-4 weeks. When it wears away from your system, just repeat the above all over again. :beer:

Pee around your desired perimeter...mark your territory!

...(I've had the full series - after I was bitten by a bat! :( )

Sorry to hear that. Did the bat die?

Just teasing. Hope it wasn't too much of a scare. Animal attacks can be terrifying.

BTW...in the last year I heard about the FIRST EVER successful treatment of rabies (100% fatal) in the USA. A Thai doc tried it on a Thai patient shortly after that, but was unsuccessful.

Best all-around solution is carry a stick, no matter how small, once raised, every dog I have encountered turned and ran -even when I only raised my ballpoint pen.

Unfortunately, when a pit bull ran out to greet me on my motorbike, I reached down to pet him rather than striking a threatening pose. Nearly 4,000 baht in Rabies shots followed.

Carry a stick, length of PVC pipe, or rubber hose any you will be ok.

Archived