What's better, Pattaya or Patong Beach, Phuket

Savittre

Hi Guys,

Quite some time back, Patong Beach in Phuket really rocked, I had a great time, lots of girls, lots of fun!!

But I did some reading about Phuket here in the Nanaplaza Phuket sanuk forum. It sounded like Patong beach isn't very lively anymore. If that's the way it is, I'm happy in Pattaya and don't want or need to go to Phuket if it's a non-event.

If you've been to Patong recently, what's it like, in your opinion?

Many thanks!!

Savittre

Thanks!

I had every intention of finally visiting Phuket this time around, but I just find it difficult to imagine that you would have the same flexibility as that afforded by Pattaya.

Now that my GFE has her motorbike back (dont ask, and I wont lie to you about how that happened ..), we are venturing further afield and I am blown away by the sheer scale of the 'entertainment' industry in Pattaya. Granted, some of the bar areas are specifically for the French/Germans etc, but I have had no problems in any such bar beyond a few curious looks from regulars. I also find Pattaya to be cheaper than both BKK and Koh Chang - no surprises when you consider the cost of bringing anything to an island - and I am guessing from older posts that this would extend to things like the barfine and asking prices in Patong bars. Downside in Pattaya, IMO, is the sheer number of people, but I dont imagine Patong to be a tranquil paradise unspoilt by the tourist horde. :)

If you do go to Phuket, it would be great to get your impressions.

I went to Patong in 2007 and there is still action there after the sun goes down on Bangla road. It's not nearly the scale as walking street but a good time can be had and prices are of course a little higher and the hotels not as friendly.

Typically most people go to the beach during the day and don't go out until after dinner so girls can be far and few during the day unless you GFE one from the night before.

I enjoyed Phuket very different from Patters!

S1

I've been to Patong 2 times and Pattaya many times. Patong has a nicer beach than Pattaya but that's about it. At everything else, Pattaya beats Patong hands down. But if you must have a nice beach go to Pattaya and take the 45 minute ferry to Koh Larn. Hat Tawaen is as nice as Patong.

Archived