Nana Liquid (Disco). Any reports?

dave32

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back in Thermae days I remember some after after hours bars, more like restaurants, where the girls would go after there last customer was done at Thermae, usually around 5am, then after those places closed - somewhere way out on Ratchada and other times on the old road to Rahmkamhaeng I think, there was a restaurant we;d go to. Never got back to hotel before 8am.

Get the TGs into the disco and the farangs will follow. :angel:

That wasnt my experience back in the Angels days - wall-to-wall FLers and about 3 potential 'targets'. That stupid cover charge had a lot to do with it, but I just didnt see a single gal that even seemed worth the cost of a drink.

The 'is she or isnt she ?' situation described in some of the other posts (Thermae and other FLer hangouts) sounds a lot more interesting, but there was no question in Angels - they may as well have had neon lights with the ST and LT prices on their backs. I know - learn Thai and spend more than $50 on a shirt and the world will be my oyster, right ?

Get the TGs into the disco and the farangs will follow. :angel:

That wasnt my experience back in the Angels days - wall-to-wall FLers and about 3 potential 'targets'. That stupid cover charge had a lot to do with it' date=' but I just didnt see a single gal that even seemed worth the cost of a drink.

The 'is she or isnt she ?' situation described in some of the other posts (Thermae and other FLer hangouts) sounds a lot more interesting, but there was no question in Angels - they may as well have had neon lights with the ST and LT prices on their backs. I know - learn Thai and spend more than $50 on a shirt and the world will be my oyster, right ?

[/quote']

Well, I would say "learn Thai WELL and treat the girls with courtesy and respect," and you will certainly 1) pay a lot less on average and 2) actually have interesting conversations with some--but by no means all--of the girls.

Wearing a $50+ shirt has nothing to do with it, as long as you are reasonably well-groomed, i.e. not a slob, and don't go out at night in, say, shorts, sandals and t-shirt...

As for "only finding 3 potential targets" in the old days of Nana Disco...good god man, how stratospherically high are your standards? And did you go more than once? Pre-2005?

I was there 2-4 nights a week from 2003-2006, and c'mon, there was something for *everyone* there on most nights...! Unless you want the fair-skinned skinny Northern types, in which case, why aren't you in a Soapie or a G-Club anyway? haha

ROFLMAO ! ratchada, the '3 potential targets' were the other two punters and myself ! I just find it intimidating when 40 pairs of eyes settle on my wallet the instant I enter a room - call me old-fashioned ....

I have never had any trouble finding a FLer for frivolity upstairs at the Nana, but paying a cover charge for the privilege just seemed to defeat the point entirely. Agree that I missed the glory days, same-same Thermae and the Grace, sadly.

When were the Grace's glory days? I was there early 2000s and it was nothing great then. It was open and crowded, more an after-2am place, but just not much talent. A few not-very-enticing Russians here and there in the crowd.

Angels was good when the cover was just slightly more than your one drink the ticket got you, and prior to that. But true, the whole appeal of the place was the lower priced girls you didn't have to barfine, but then suddenly the club's cover was almost as much as a barfine, so then you were left with girls who cost about as much as in Nana Plaza, paying what amounted to a barfine (thd door fee) but the girls weren't as hot as what was across the street at NEP. There was no point going there. And that's what everyone did.

• 2 weeks later...

Grace was amazing when I first went there in 1993 or thereabouts - from noon till the wee hours - lasted that way for 5-6 years until for whatever reasons the Arab population decided to make that their home base. Girls vanished after that. Angel Disco was amazing till 2003 or so - then ok for a couple years - then crap for the last 3-4 years. Looking forward to popping my head in there in 1 week. There is definitely a niche available for this place to succeed for guys and girls that want to get buisness done before 2am and prefer staying in the Nana area.

Grace was STILL a fun place when I got there--admittedly, late to the party--in 2003. filled with BG freelancers looking for FARANGS until 6 am.

The Arabs were starting to infiltrate in those days, but were only noticeable for the big-butt BGs who were willing to be fucked up same butt (classic stereotype of the Middle-Easterners, which is totally true: for most of them, their introduction to sex is a fellow male's ass, and once they become accustomed to same, that's the main thing they want in a Thai BG as well...).

By 2004, if one entered the Grace Hotel disco (does it even still exist?), one was guaranteed to be the only farang in there (I did it once, with a big-butt BG friend who dragged me in there, haha)...the Grace coffee shop fell soon after, sigh...

Grace was amazing when I first went there in 1993 or thereabouts - from noon till the wee hours - lasted that way for 5-6 years until for whatever reasons the Arab population decided to make that their home base. Girls vanished after that. Angel Disco was amazing till 2003 or so - then ok for a couple years - then crap for the last 3-4 years. Looking forward to popping my head in there in 1 week. There is definitely a niche available for this place to succeed for guys and girls that want to get buisness done before 2am and prefer staying in the Nana area.

I first visited the Grace coffee shop downstairs in about 1989. I agree with your assessment regarding afternoon seances at the Grace during the period of time you mentioned, the gradual takeover by middle easterners, and the downhill slide of the venue noted by another poster. Also, agree with your opinion of Angels and the reasons given for it going out of biz. Cover charge amounting to a barfine (and no free passes anymore to registered guests at the hotel...last straw for me, as I stopped going there when the door charge was 200 baht and no drink ticky.)

HH

Archived