Pattaya House/Land ...

gobbledonk

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The company for house route is illegal' date=' simple as. [/quote']

Would you care to explain how it is ilegal this is news to me...

Sorry Torrenova you are full of shit

Posting while drunk here, Mekong, or are is it other reasons for this rather unnecessary post? Nice little story about your hi-so wife, but does nothing to prove Torrenova wrong. The commonly used route of buying land via shell companies with nominee Thai share-holders is illegal, simple as...

Paillote

Hang on - if there is confusion among people who actually LIVE in Thailand, what hope the holidaymakers being spun fanciful tales down at Big C ?

Or the million viewers of a UK travel show who learned how easy and lovely it was to own a house in Thailand.

.... The commonly used route of buying land via shell companies with nominee Thai share-holders is illegal' date=' simple as...[/quote']

:yeahthat:

How is it Illegal?

If the Nominee Thai Share-Holder can demonstrate that they can afford to invest in the said shell-company then its totally legit. What is illegal is when a foreigner transfers monies to a Thai National to purchase land / shares in shell-company.

Its Ironic that majority of comments come from guys who have never even dipped their big toe into Thai Real Estate but seem to know everything.

Its Ironic that majority of comments come from guys who have never even dipped their big toe into Thai Real Estate but seem to know everything.

I consider that 'business as usual', mekong : we've never let an absence of the facts get in the way of a ding-dong argument here. The irony is that some of the folk who actually live in Thailand, and have done so for a considerable period of time, know about as much as I do about this subject. Little wonder the spin doctors have a field day with Farang buyers. Yours may be one of the few transactions that would stand the scrutiny of a court room - I have to wonder what percentage of house/land sales to Farang match yours for legality.

GB.

I do not concern myself with others legality, only my own. If that makes me a self centered egotistical twat so be it, at least I am a self centered egotistical twat who has ones ass covered.

Contorary to popular believe living in Thailand as an expat is hard work, but hey the wife is Thai so I put up with living here.

Archived