Pattaya's Huge! What about BKK?

Savittre

I've been in Pattaya for 2 weeks now. It's huge!! There are very few bars I've been to twice, and up to now I still can't say I've been everywhere!

Like it or not, I'm going to have to move my act on to Bangkok soon. I haven't been in Bangkok for 8 years. Has 'the scene' grown like it has in Pattaya? I guess I just want to know how many days I'd need to cover BKK.

I understand that the 'Clinton Entertainment Plaza' is gone. So does that just leave Patpong, NEP, Soi Cowboy, and Soi Zero?

I really liked Soi Zero the last time I was there. Laid back beer bars with pool tables.

Thanks!

Sorry to report that soi zero has gone the way of clinton plaza and soi 10.

NEP and Cowboy are as big as they were, there have been some developments on soi 4 and 6 but not much. There are also a couple of bars over on soi 20, not sure if soi 22 (queens park plaza) is still open but i think it is.

I spent several years vowing never to return to Pattaya. After my last visit and the traffic in BKK, I am now vowing never to return to Soi 4. Pattaya has it all - Central for those who have to have that airconditioned Farang shopping centre and hundreds (thousands ??) of bars down virtually every Soi within a kilometre of beach road. Granted, the girls arent all stunners, but they arent all stunners at Cowboy or NEP either.

Only downsides to Pattaya are the crowds and the ballooning expat population. End of the day, it all feeds into an immense vibe - stark contrast to Nana at 2am where the girls now seem to go straight home to their Thai BFs instead of trying to get a customer from Nana carpark. Even Cowboy has lost its appeal for me, but I dont have the inside knowledge of the place that many here profess to - I guess its a case of reading this forum and Trip Reports and taking it from there.

One of the biggest mistakes you can make on a romantic holiday is to want to cover it all.

It simply doesn't add anything; even for Pattaya it's really just fine to stick to a couple bars or areas that you enjoy.

Let go. Let go of any obsessive-compulsive streak to want to cover every square inch. :)

And Bangkok in general has been getting WORSE, not better. Just leave it.

Archived