Thais learning Dutch

khunsanuk

Hi,

My wife would like to learn Dutch so she can talk to my parents when they are here and with the rest of my family when we are in Holland.

Taking a course in BKK isn't an option, so I've done some checking online and found a couple of books.

These 2 seem most promising:

Cursus Nederlands voor Thai - deel 1

ABC - Doe je mee?

They are not cheap, so I would like to know if anyone has experience with either of those books? Or would recommend another?

Looked into Rosetta stone as well, but a book would really be the best solution.

Sanuk!

KS,

A Dutch friend of mine got his wife on a semi private Dutch tuition course last year, a Durch Lecturer who is fluent in Thai and 6-8 pubils at one time. She learned very well had her visa interview at Embassey in Pigeon Dutch / English and is now residng in Holland and enrolled to start at uni next August.

The Guy's "classroom" is around Lad Phrao area. I will drop my mate an email and get the details if you are interested

PS My Mate is tighter than a Ducks Ass in Water and a Camels Ass in a Sand Storm, it didn't cost too much.

Yes the Avatar is one of my Puppies :content:

Hi,

Thanks. By all means get me the contact details.

However, seeing that my wife works from 9-16 followed often by another couple of hours in her salon, I do not think that a course is an option.

Puppy looks about twice the size of my dog :)

Sanuk!

My wife took dutch lessons over near On Nut station, they were not too bad she was able to pass the language test at the embassy with flying colours after 4 weeks.

We still might have the books she used lying around somewhere, if you want i could have a look around and give them too you. I believe they were based on the "delftse methode" but i'm not 100% on that.

The dutch exam is not tooo bad but it's certainly not easy either. There are 2 parts to it, the written exam which itself is divided into 4 parts and then there is the cultural test.

I tried doing the cultural mock test and was stumped by quite a few questions.

Hi,

"I tried doing the cultural mock test and was stumped by quite a few questions."

Not surprised. Most of the time these things are total waste of time. Live a year in Holland interacting with Dutch people and you'll learn more of the culture than any amount of books can teach you.

And you'd learn the important stuff, not crap like what the words are to our national anthem.

Sanuk!

Archived