Fully Patched iPhone hacked... ditto Mac Hacked.

Weird

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr Weird,

2. To date no one has managed to demonstrate a significant, actual application of said proof of concept Cracks for Mac.

Did you bother to visit the link? This is exactly why Mac users are labeled either a lemming or fanboi(yes, it's fanboi, not fanboy as you incorrectly pointed out earlier). It was not just a proof of concept of a hack. If the author actually released it then Apple would have a fun time covering it up.

If it is released, then it's not a proof of concept, until it is, it is.

" He's cooperating with Apple on a patch and won't release details of the vulnerability until it lands."

Still no worldwide problems.

Fanboi iz anuther xampel ov txt speek wot u & uthers prifer.

" He's cooperating with Apple on a patch and won't release details of the vulnerability until it lands."

One of them. You do realize there was more then 1 hacker who took home prizes that day right? I don't have the link off hand but there were hackers who decided to not share(I believe the iPhone hackers were among them), and told Apple they would help them figure it out on their own, in the hopes that Apple would find them on their own. If you think the only hacks out there were displayed at this conference.... haha.

If it is released, then it's not a proof of concept, until it is, it is.

Whether or not a finished product is released, doesn't determine if it's a proof of concept. That's pretty backwards logic if I've ever seen any.

Ah well, you've persuaded me, I've turned off my iPhone and my four macs, none of which have ever been infected by any viruses, and locked them in a cupboard, never to be connected to the internet again.

All because you must be right and any mac, anywhere, is about to be inundated by viruses so damaging that the Pope will be grateful, the headlines generated across the world, will draw attention away from his current problems.

Or have I?

Ah well, you've persuaded me, I've turned off my iPhone and my four macs, none of which have ever been infected by any viruses, and locked them in a cupboard, never to be connected to the internet again.

All because you must be right and any mac, anywhere, is about to be inundated by viruses so damaging that the Pope will be grateful, the headlines generated across the world, will draw attention away from his current problems.

Or have I?

I simply state that it can be hacked and you play the melodramatic all or nothing stance because I don't agree with you that the mac is invulnerable. :sleeping:

Archived