Clean the Swimming Pool !!

drlove

I'm staying in big building Pattaya - 200 units.

Pool gets heavy use and is getting dirtier and dirtier. They have stopped putting chlorine in the water. There is a dried up old barrel in the pool maintenance room, but no more has been purchased for months. The pool is cloudy. I doubt the water is ever changed. Who knows what bacteria is in it.

Thai management is absolutely defensive / confrontational re all such issues, so I can't go to them. They wouldn't do anything.

A few years ago I saw some guys - I think from Health Dept? - going around testing pool water and talking with staff. It was very civilized. Who are they? Can I contact them?

The situation is ridiculous as it is.

Other recommendations? It's a nice pool and I don't want to move.

In the cost vs time, still nothing beets chlorine but a salt system. (Which is still chlorine in the end.) But as far as I know, you can not switch from chlorine to the polymer with out a flush of the system and complete water replacement.

Also, there are a few more things you have to do to a pool other than chlorine to keep it fresh and clean. If you have serious concern and still want to use the pool, I would just buy your own 25k bin of Calcium Hypochlorite and dump it in your self. Go in with your neighbors, with the number of pools in LOS, it cant be too expensive.

Sir ,

to keep a pool clean and healthy is to keep the water in kind of a balance . To put a ton of chlorine into the water does not help . A pool with a potential of x-many users of 200 appartments needs DAILY cleaning and inspection . If the water looks like fog it is already on the bad side and I would not put one of my precious feet into it , God beware more precious parts . If there is a shop anywhere near that sells pool equipment you should be able to buy a water testing unit that costs no more than 20 USD max. A piece of paper tells you right away what is wrong .

Using a salt based system for cleaning the water means a totally different tecnical setup and it would not be useful in a high frequency pool .

PS : I do never use public pools anywhere except a certain one by the Chao Praya River because I see them working on it for hours every night .

Respectfully

'Messing' with a farked up Thai swimming pool can cause you a lot of problems. I would not stick my nose in this mess. To the original poster, have you ever thought about joining a health club, that is, if you want to use a pool?

Wow! I would never put anything in their pool! You don't know these creeps. They wouldn't stand to be corrected.

If inspectors came in, I bet they would close the pool for a month. I might do that anyway, although I'm wondering if I contacted Tourist Police, they would care enough to follow through to health department. Any opinions on that?

I have read about what might be in the water and it is highly recommended not to let it into eyes or ears. I have excellent goggles and earplugs so I can prevent that. I haven't gotten any skin rashes and the regular swimmers seem to be coming back everyday in one piece. I do belong to a gym and sometimes I swim there, but it's a 20 minute walk and I don't do taxi motorbike.

I do like the idea of testing the water and I might do that.