Be careful out there

snowball

I dont know if its to do with the economic climate, the political climate or just plain criminal brutality.

On friday night I was out with some old friends from england, bar hopping in Patpong 2.

As we were leaving we witnessed 2 men on a motorbike, roar up to a tuk tuk carrying a middle aged farang couple.

The grabbed the ladies handbag, she fell out of the tuk tuk screaming and appeared to be quite badly injured.

The reaction of the surrounding crowd was sickening who surged forward and proceded to rob the ladies mobile telephone and watch.

A passing mini bus ran over the women, her screams will be with me till the day I die, as will the reaction of a lot of thais who starting filming on their telephones, the ones that werent fliming were just milling around laughing.

I dont think the lady could have survived as the wheel was on her chest and she was screaming that she couldnt breath.

Did anyone else witness this, about 1:35 saturday morning.

Snowball

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Memories of Roxana Brown, who was knocked off her motorcycle by a crazy lorry driver - who then ran her over to try to kill her so she couldn't identify him! Her chest was crushed, as were both legs. She survived, but lost a leg and also most of her hearing (from the medication). She lived to earn a PhD and become an art expert ... and be arrested on a visit to the States to give a lecture, was thrown into the slammer on dubious chares ... where she died in agony from perforated ulcers as the federal gulag people did nothing to help her. :(

The world can be a really nasty place.

Damn, that is scary. Horror movie stuff. Then again it is in Pat pong. Might as well be in the village of house of wax.

I've posted before about the night I got to Patpong just minutes after some idiots had thrown a grenade at a Patpong 1 gogo bar. They'd got into a scrap with the door men and retaliated with a hand grenade attack! Killed quite a few dancers, since the grenade shrapnel blew right through the wooden door. I still remember the pool of blood inside with BGs' colourful high heel shoes lying in it. Land of the Smiles ... :(

I think the total was 1 doorman and 3 or 4 BGs dead. The perps were recognised in the attack and were arrested the next day - vocational students.

This case reminds me of the Lydia Riach incident last September. In that case motorcyclists grabbed her bag as she was walking down Sukhumvit Soi 22 with her husband and because she had the strap around her neck she was dragged down and banged her head on the kerb, she unfortunately passed away from her injuries a few days later.

I'd forgotten that one. Mo'cy handbag snatchers were a problem in the 1980s, only then Japanese tourists were the main targets. Japanese women would sometimes walk around with the equivalent of half a million baht in their handbags. That is when the yen was so high and Japan was living high on the hog.

I haven't seen anything about this Patpong tragedy even in the Thai language papers. Did the Patpong family tell the press to forget it?

Archived