Be careful out there

snowball

It did happen, the reason I couldnt do anything directly to help is that there was nothing I could do.

The people I was with were freaking out, additionally I had a 11:50 flight back to the UK that same day. I had to check out my hotel in 4 hours time.

Re my post about John Galt, at the time I was told he had been sent to jail ( which he had ) the person who told me , told me the sentence was 6 years. this bit of info was inaccurate but it was what I was told.

Snowy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It did happen, the reason I couldnt do anything directly to help is that there was nothing I could do.

The people I was with were freaking out, additionally I had a 11:50 flight back to the UK that same day. I had to check out my hotel in 4 hours time.

Re my post about John Galt, at the time I was told he had been sent to jail ( which he had ) the person who told me , told me the sentence was 6 years. this bit of info was inaccurate but it was what I was told.

Snowy

Yea, a near check out time has always kept me from helping another human being out.

Let me take this time to call you a damn lier and at worst a flat out coward. You do not deserve the freedoms you have... that other, better men died to give and keep for you.

Pattaya, a week ago last Sat night:

- riding around gridlock, arrive to find a Farang lying in the path of traffic on a very busy night, surrounded by concerned Thais

- we try to move him, but he is moaning in pain, so we leave him in place

- one of the Thais calls the cops and the ambulance, the latter arrive within 15 minutes

- other Thais in reflective vests direct traffic around our group until the ambulance arrives

- at no point do I see anything from the Thais other than compassion, to the point that one of the girls is holding his hand and telling him it will be all right. No laughter, no photos.

- GFE ensures that he is taken to the hospital of his choice.

- at no stage did any of the other Farang get off their motorbikes and attempt to translate etc for the guy (he was German, and my German is atrocious). They just rode around him.

Story from one of the girls is that she hit him with her motorbike when he walked hesitantly onto the road - she made no attempt to flee during the time I was there. If there are callous, murderous Thais in Patpong, they were nowhere in evidence at this particular accident scene.

I was taking a taxi to work one day, when a tuk-tuk driver made an illegal right turn and knocked over a mo'cy guy with a Thai woman sitting behind him. They both went sprawling on the pavement. My taxi driver immediately stopped, jumped out and flagged down a passing policecar, pointing at the tuk-tuk driver and explaining exactly what had happened. :dunno:

I vaguely remember a thread several years ago where people discussed Stickman's recommendation not to do anything if you see a travel accident because the Thai crowd might turn against you although you have nothing to do with it . The majority of posters supported his point at that time .

Archived