Be careful out there

snowball

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think we should be making jokes (2 posts up) in this thread. To me it's still a plausible story but I'd like to hear more about it.

BTW, I witnessed a Thai man die in a motorcycle accident just outside Soi Cowboy (Asoke intersection) and what got my attention in the first place was a small group of bar girls pointing and laughing. I looked over and I see this guy with his face turning purple as another man try to give him heart massage. Note that he was getting help (though to no avail) and a lot of people were gravely concerned, but to some it was apparently good fun watching him die there in the gutter.

This is a hard and crude place and life has little value (for a great many reasons)and we need to be reminded of this and like the OP said: be careful out there.

So many people are commenting about what the OP did or didn't do but I wonder how many of you would have helped.

Look, I'm not talking about performing field surgery. Getting a BiB over or getting a nearby vendor to call for help.

It is shocking that several folks on this thread would just walk away and then complain about the Thais reaction. :surprised:

I just dont know what you expected me to do? There was nothing anyone other than the emergencies services could do.

Are you really suggesting that I try and apprehend two thai robbers on a motorbike, 10 metres away when I am on foot.

You are a retard man

Snowy

Look, four pages of posts and nobody (especially the OP) has managed to come up with another source--especially any sort of news reporting source--to confirm this supposed "eyewitness account".

I'm as cynical as anyone about the "good naturedness" of the Thais and as aware as anyone of the low value with which many Thais hold human life--especially if that life happens to be farang.

But let's get real, folks...this story is total bullshit...don't feed the troll!!

If it's not bullshit, let's have it, OP...post a reference to another account of this robbery/murder...or otherwise, shut the fuck up.

If you set your options to 20 posts / page instead of 10 it would only be 2 pages and therefore only half as bad.

I agree with your comments though, stories such as this usual atract the attention of the English Language Local press, and it sounded like the perfect picture for the front page of Thai Rath, but absolutrly nothing in either local press.

So, come on Snowball, provide a link to a news source and prove you are not full of it.

Archived