Recommend a hospital in Pattaya

SpiceMan

You've 3 main hospitals in Pattaya: Bkk-Pattaya, Pattaya International and Pattaya Memorial....which are more oriented towards farang patients....and charge farang prices.

IMHO, the first two are the best of this list, with Pattaya Memorial trailing in both service and having less English speaking docs.

But, all usually assign you to a doc which can speak enough English to understand your problem, diagnose and provide treatment.

I had a heart problem recently (angina), and as I live in soi 1, went to the Pattaya International Hospital in soi 4. I can honestly say that the treatment there was superb!

I was in the ICU and constantly monitored for the first night, then was transferred to a private room (with a balcony!).

My problems were diagnosed and I was given the appropriate drugs which relieved the symptoms. Total cost for the two nights in hospital, plus all the tests, drugs and other services was around 75,000 baht, which I thought was very fair.

When I worked for a MNC on the ESB BPH was the hospital of choice for the health insurance company. Whilst being a decent hospital I personally wouldn't use it if I was footing the bill myself since they tend to "pad the bill" with unneccessary procedures, tests and medication since they realise that majority of patients do have private healthcare.

Quite a few of my friends down their swear by the Queen Sirikit Naval Hospital in Sattahip though I have never used it myself.

Used Bumrungrad and occasionally Pattaya hospitals for the past several years, but for the past 6 months have been going to Phyathai Hospital in Siracha. Staff does not have quite the capacity for English that B-P and Soi 4 have (though there are always English speakers available), but maybe because they see relatively few farangs the prices are more reasonable.

Queen Sirikit in Sattahip seems to be especially good for surgery as a number of their doctors practice at Pattaya hospitals, but when performing the same procedures at Sirikit the cost savings at can be substantial. You'll do much better with a Thai speaker to help you through the process. They don't have a cardiology dept.

-redwood

Archived