Classic Rock

Patella

I tire of techno. Any nightlife spots where the DJ can play classic rock - at least on request. Damn Yankees, Warrant, Bon Jovi, Journey - or even Eagles.

If I provided the music on CD or thumb drive, are they using MP3 format?

What tip might induce the DJ, or is this just hopeless.

Thanks.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I tire of techno. Any nightlife spots where the DJ can play classic rock - at least on request. Damn Yankees, Warrant, Bon Jovi, Journey - or even Eagles.

And you call your listings classic rock :rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl:

MOR pomp rock at the most, fanny tunes, try Patpong soi 4

At any rate, one need not go any further than Morning Night on soi 4 to hear that garbage, I swear, every time I walk by that place it's either a Bon Jovi or an AC/DC song, yaaaaawwwn...

I actually like most of the "crap they call classic rock" to an extent anyway. A lot depends on who is doing the defining I suppose. I like Hendrix, the Grateful Dead, Who, Santana etc...all of whom are considered "Classic Rock." Bon Jovi and the other poser bands may or may not be considered classic I guess...

"Classic" is relative -- I'm sure to some it means Elvis and Chuck Berry. To others it might mean INXS. When I was growing up, it seemed to refer to everything from Pink Floyd and earlier, but mainly 60s (The Who, Creedence, The Kinks, The Byrds, Led Zeppelin, etc etc.) -- basically everything up to but not including punk/new wave. But I guess eventually the Sex Pistols will be considered Classic Rock to some future generation. Guess you had to be there.

Anyway, I'm ok with some of this stuff that's popular now, your Black Eyed Peas and Lady Gaga and whatever. It's good in its way. Those 2 acts at least are a hoot to watch, actually have a bit of that punk spirit and wit. Like it's obvious Lady Gaga saw Breaking Glass with Hazel O'Connor. No way is that wig a coincidence.

Archived