Classic Rock

Patella

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its weird - as a kid I liked Bon Jovi, but listening to JBJs lyrics now makes me cringe. Even The Boss' early work (Darkness on the Edge of Town and The River, both recorded before Born in The USA made him a megastar ..) doesnt have the same impact on me that it once did. Classic rock suffers from being played to death on commercial radio then dug up and played some more. There really is too much of a good thing.

Classic rock is pretty subjective, eh? Any commercial radio station that played what I consider classic rock would quickly go out of business.

Non-commercial college stations were another matter. There was a DJ at a local station, KXLU, from Loyola Marymount college who played a lot of music I liked. Surf type music, early Scorpions, anything unpopular at the time.

I stopped by the studio to pick up a copy of a Dingoes album that I'd won by virtue of being the first caller or something.

I brought along a six-pack and a few joints, naturally. I thought the DJ and I were best mates. :D

After a few more visits, he reminded me that alcohol and pot were not allowed in the studio or on campus and he was getting nervous about it. :shhh:

Its weird - as a kid I liked Bon Jovi,

As a Kid?

Their first, self titled, album was released in 1984 and apart from Runaway from that album and "In and Out of love" from the 1985 album 7800 Degrees Farenheit nothing much got airplay. It wasn't until 1986 "Slippery When Wet" that they really took off. I think you were more than a kid in the mid 80's.

Sorry - didn't mean to start a bar fight. Wasn't even looking for agreement on what I choose to listen to. Just prefer not to listen to hip-hop or techno on a night out.

Places where music with a good beat and some lyrics will do. I actually like when they put on some "music of the northeast" at the end of the night and everybody gets involved. I guess that messes with my "lyrics" theory though.

I tire of techno. Any nightlife spots where the DJ can play classic rock - at least on request. Damn Yankees' date=' Warrant, Bon Jovi, Journey - or even Eagles.

[/quote']

And you call your listings classic rock :rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl:

MOR pomp rock at the most, fanny tunes, try Patpong soi 4

this was exactly my same thought

:grinyes::grinyes::grinyes:

Archived