Classic Rock

Patella

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its weird - as a kid I liked Bon Jovi' date=' [/quote']

As a Kid?

Their first, self titled, album was released in 1984 and apart from Runaway from that album and "In and Out of love" from the 1985 album 7800 Degrees Farenheit nothing much got airplay. It wasn't until 1986 "Slippery When Wet" that they really took off. I think you were more than a kid in the mid 80's.

Compared to now, I was still very much a 'kid' in the mid-80s, regardless of my chronological age. I remember seeing JBJ on Countdown when the band came to Oz to cash in on 'Living on a Prayer' and not thinking 'what the hell am I still doing watching Countdown ?'. I was still surfing every day, still finding a reason to get out of bed in the morning - heady times indeed.

At any rate, one need not go any further than Morning Night on soi 4 to hear that garbage, I swear, every time I walk by that place it's either a Bon Jovi or an AC/DC song, yaaaaawwwn...

Yes, I agree (not that it's garbage, but it's all that they seem to play).

The worst music is Big Dogs during the day time (MOR).

• 3 weeks later...
WHy do all you guys have that avatar of Dumsoda prancing around in a thong?

Haha...well, in my case it's because I was harassed for having an avatar that "went against board standards" or some such bullshit...it was a photo of a gogo uniform from Mandarin downstairs in Nana, where they are most decidedly NOT topless or bottomless.

As a reaction, I started using an even more revealing avatar that I knew another long-standing board member (Bust) to be using. And my prediction was right, I wasn't harassed for the even more naked avatar. Go figure.

Archived