Afghan leader threatens to join Taliban

Flashermac

KABUL (AP) - Afghan President Hamid Karzai threatened over the weekend to quit the political process and join the Taliban if he continued to come under outside pressure to reform, several members of parliament said Monday.

Karzai made the unusual statement at a closed-door meeting Saturday with selected lawmakersâ€â€just days after kicking up a diplomatic controversy with remarks alleging foreigners were behind fraud in last year's disputed elections.

Lawmakers dismissed the latest comment as hyperbole, but it will add to the impression the presidentâ€â€who relies on tens of thousands of U.S. and NATO forces to fight the insurgency and prop up his governmentâ€â€is growing increasingly erratic and unable to exert authority without attacking his foreign backers.

etc etc blah blah ...

For this western troops are dying???

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What an idiot.

True Story: A person I personally know was sent to a foreign country and gave the ruling big shot an ultimatum. Resign and we would send him into exile or a new president would preside at his execution... if he made it that long.

[color:red]What an idiot.[/color]

the ultimate ugly American bully

american hegemony has worked so well previously.

the taliban is about Afgan independence .. from UK, from Rooskies, from amerika, from christians.

Amerika: Do as we tell you .. or we will kill you & all others that refuse to submit to imperial hegemony.

American hegemony .. Big Mac, Coke, Monsanto GM seeds & .. jeeee sus :dunce:

american economic policy #1

american societal values #1

american happiness #1

american diet #1

american football #1

american beliefs #1

american waist size #!

american smile #1

or we'll kill you & your f'n culture / society!

9-11 / Al Qaeda is about Israel.

taliban is about afganistan

You must be looking forward to China ruling you.

Corinthian, very good point. Much as we like to have our little moan now and then about you yanks, far rather you guys in charge than China. Doubt I'll still be around then but not a pleasant prospect!

It was much the same for us Brits in days gone by and we where far from perfect but I'm sure many Africans ruled by the likes of the Germans or god forbid King Leopold of the Belgians would have prefered to have lived under British control.

Simie.

The Askaris in German East Africa fought pretty hard to defend their colony. :hmmm:

Can't say Nigeria is doing better now that the Brits are gone - nor Sierra Leone and some other countries ... like Zimababwe. :doah:

First thing the Argies did when they occupied the Falklands was to order the islanders to drive on the right and start learning Spanish!

Guest lazyphil

<>

hmmmm, i wonder if morroco invade tenerife and insist arabic spoken and not SPANISH!!!!.....fark, this shit pisses me off!!!

Archived