Afghan leader threatens to join Taliban

Flashermac

LP, The Falklands thing pisses me off as well. They where never part of Argentina and I believe they where actually British before the republic of Argentina officially came into being. Every time the Argie government has problems they come up with the "Malvinas" shit! Which is a bit rich coming from their "Spanish colonialist" president. We don't hear much from the silly bitch about giving Argentina back to the native Americans?!

Simie.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Askaris in German East Africa fought pretty hard to defend their colony. :hmmm:

Can't say Nigeria is doing better now that the Brits are gone - nor Sierra Leone and some other countries ... like Zimababwe. :doah:

First thing the Argies did when they occupied the Falklands was to order the islanders to drive on the right and start learning Spanish!

Flash, yes your right about the Askaris, but to what extent that was due to loyalty or what extent to German military discipline I'm not sure?

Simie.

Apparently, they really like Paul von Lettow-Vorbeck and fought for him with pride. (Governor Schnee wasn't much to brag about and wanted to surrender immediately.) I remember reading about von Lettow-Vorbeck being welcomed back by the government of independent Tanzania and being received with honours. What he had done - unintentionally, of course - was show the Africans that they could stand up to white soldiers in battle ... and actually defeat them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Emil_von_Lettow-Vorbeck

DOH

[color:red]to extend you hypothesis, most would prefer brutal thieving Brit colonialism to having their dick cut off, too.[/color]

to contend that colonialism was for the good of anyone but the colonialist is comical.

kuwiat was a good idea

kashmire, genius

Burma, well thought out charity

Iraq, such fore thought

Afganistan / Balochistan .. obvious well thought out kindness

Palestine, stand up ballsy blokes the brits are

ireland, sub human trash

is the above a list of 21st century success or a list of 21st century nightmares!

the list of successful remnants of brit kindness & generosity goes on & on

for gaud & all the brit queens

I have a theory that modern soccer hooligans are direct descendants of the benevolent colonialists.

wouldn't let me edit:

a point to take:

colonialism / hegemony doesn't work .. be it brit, dutch or ... Amerikan

21st century imperialism enforced by psychotic high school drop outs is also going to fail.

China is a red herring .. rather than stop murdering third world peasants throw out China's failures.

because China has major problems (no china stamps in my passport) imperialism & hegemony is necessary.

citizens of the 22nd century will continue to pay for previous greed

Amerika has waged wars based on lies for 60 years

no tonkin, noriega, kuwait, WMDs

just as the imperial zionism denies medical supplies to palestine amerika denied medical supplies to sodomy insane's population.

Serious zionist wolfiwitz wrote of his plan to deny health care to millions to get sodomy ousted.

sodomy's problem was supporting freedom fighters not all the trumped BS

evangelical's sneak to secure armageddon via trumped up BS // will result in the failure of another imperial power.

soon the us will be a foot note in history, much like the uk today

The things that have happened in the past whether they be good or bad are done and its not possible for us to turn back the clock. Nor always wise to cast judgement on them by the standards of a later time.

From what I could elicit from your ramblings it would appear that you have either been sniffing glue or have some sort of massive chip on your shoulder?

Might be an idea for you to go and lie down in a dark room for a while?

Simie.

Temp, thats a bit of a sweeping generalisation is'nt it? Whilst its not fashionable these days or generally desirable I'd say most in say Zimbabwe would welcome back the old days under British rule? Although perhaps you think that genocidal nutcase Robert Mugabe is preferable? At least its Africans murdering and enslaving Africans not the nasty Europeans.

And going back to your "facts". I thought you where refering to the various "facts" you mentioned such as "Ireland, subhuman trash" whatever that was supposed to mean? :doah:

Simie.

Archived