PC music players

yfs

You've opened a can of worms with this one - for most people, iTunes is probably sufficient. I use EAC to try to ensure that I get bit-perfect WAV rips then simply transfer the files to my Sony player using drag-and-drop.

For those with iPods, there are other solutions such as Anapod, but iTunes is pretty straightforward now that they have dropped the DRM BS.

As far as PC-only music replay is concerned, many swear by foobar - I really dont find much difference from one to another when I plug my external DAC/amp into the USB port on my laptop - you can become really obsessed with this area, as a quick look at some of these posts will readily attest:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f46/

Some real zealots in that lot I'm afraid.

I used to use Media Monkey - very good, and worth paying for the full version for full conversion of pretty much every format....

Now on a Mac.... I've deleted/removed iTunes - heinous piece of work..... even if you have quit iTunes on a Mac and are playing a movie in VLC or music with my now music player, Songbird (open source, also available for Windows), when you press play or forward etc on the Mac Function keys - it (iTunes) will automatically launch iTunes whether you want it too or not.No workaround, so removed the crap. no 'Now playing' list anyway....

Coops

• 11 months later...

Archived