Needed: A Good Cup of Coffee in BKK!!

Savittre

Hi Guys,

I've been travelling in Indonesia for 2 weeks now, and I haven't had a decent cup of coffee since I arrived. This is because they always put that goddamned sweetened condensed milk in it.

When I was in Pattaya recently, I always went to 'Au Bon Pain,' which serves, IMHO, absolutely excellent coffee.

I will be in Bangkok soon. Is there an 'Au Bon Pain' there, or somewhere else I can get a good cup of coffee at, around the lower soi's of Sukhumvit?

Thanks!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try Java Joe's on Main St. 28645.

(Which is another way of saying I have yet to find good coffee in BKK!!!!)

They are building an "Au Bon Pain" on Suk Soi 31 but you got some waiting to do for it to open. The only other one I know of is on 24, about 1000m (Yes, 1000!) from Suk on the right.

Hi Guys,

I've been travelling in Indonesia for 2 weeks now, and I haven't had a decent cup of coffee since I arrived. This is because they always put that goddamned sweetened condensed milk in it.

When I was in Pattaya recently, I always went to 'Au Bon Pain,' which serves, IMHO, absolutely excellent coffee.

I will be in Bangkok soon. Is there an 'Au Bon Pain' there, or somewhere else I can get a good cup of coffee at, around the lower soi's of Sukhumvit?

Thanks!

Try Laos and Vietnam (the latter being the best). They learned how to make (and grow) their coffee from the French. The Thais, proud as their "never been anyone's colony" as they are, never got the memo on coffee, haha.

The problem with the coffee in many parts of Asia is the local milk - it seems to have been taken from a dead goat. I was assured by my last GFE that Thailand has an entire province of dairy cattle - Khorat, from memory - but I've yet to see the evidence. Dont even get me started on the taste of the stuff they claim to be 'butter' ....

despite most beliefs there's quite a developed dairy production within LOS thanks to cooperations with famous countries like denmark, netherlands etc.

in total 4 local fresh milk company producers supplying in the bkk area alone.

so if you only get dead goat milk I blame your gf as fresh live cow milk is ready available & affordable although the sweet condensed 'milk' is indeed the most common offering at the low end of the scale in LOS along with many other Asian countries - gotta love the variety & ignorance around here though ;)

Archived