Iceland's volcanic ash halts flights across Europe

Sporty

Air traffic in Europe should be back to "almost 100%" on Thursday, after six days of unprecedented travel chaos, the air traffic agency Eurocontrol says.

RyanAir will not fly until Friday. They have also decided to defy EU rules about passenger compensation.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The tight cunts at Ryan air have now done an about face and are going to be paying proper compensation apparently? Probably that mouthy git Michael O'Leary has realised he could be spending a lot of time in civil court and had done nothing but harm to the reputation of his already shit airline?

Simie.

p.s. you may gather I'm not a great fan of Ryan air?!

kamui, Germany really needs to start producing more melodic death metal bands - Finland and Sweden have really eclipsed you guys in this area. I suspect you can get a government grant in Sweden if you tell them you are about to start a death metal band - I hope to be a Viking in my next life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_death_metal

AFAIK, Icelands contribution to death metal has been minimal. Bastards ... :smirk:

Yes, still having a backlog.

500 danish TG pax still stranded in BKK as we speak. I`ve got that figure directly from the horse`s mouth.

But yes, things are looking brighter.

Several flights tonight bound for Europe with vacant seats.

I hope the missus will have one of those.

11 days and counting.

• 3 weeks later...

Italy fines Ryanair over volcano ash 'failings'

Italy has fined Irish low-cost airline Ryanair 3m euros (£2.5m) for failing to help passengers after cancelling their flights during the volcanic ash crisis. Italy's civil aviation authority said it knew of 178 cases of passengers who did not receive mandatory assistance, such as food, between 17 and 22 April.

More at BBC

Archived