Best and worst golf courses you've played

SpiceMan

Haven't played in the US in some 15 years but two favorite courses would be Presido in SF and Forest Hills in Augusta, GA (never had a chance to play the National).

In Thailand, would have to say Alpine is my favorite, followed by Rajapruek and Plantation.

In other parts of Asia I would have to say the Nicklaus course at Bintan Lagoon Resort (Indonesia).

TH

• 10 months later...

Good post Spiceman. The worst course that I played on was the course that is near the Phnom Penh airport. Beatup gasoline engined golfcarts were all they had. A flock of chickens were on one fairway and others showed evidence of cattle having been there. The greens were so hard that a chip-on bounced so far that I never found the ball. Our local rule was that if you got to within a clubs length of the hole you were in and on one hole the rule was modified to 'if you can stick on the green you are in'. The kiosks amounted to two girls following us around with an ice chest. And we had a gallery: several kids followed us around retrieving water balls to sell back to us. It was so bad that it was fun. Attached is a picture of a boy with his home-made iron or maybe it should be called a wood.

My favorite course is Black Mountain in Hua Hin, although a friend that lives there tells me that one of the new courses is equal to it.

zen

post-2816-0-62410900-1314853783_thumb.jpg

Archived