Posters who disappeared

SpiceMan

Re Mentors: Is it just me, or is anyone else reminded of cheesy, campy, Euro television commercials every time they see his board handle?

I never understood why they ran this campaign in the US without creating new commercials for the local market. They just seemed so out of place.

2cRlLXr3t60

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Peter1964 died from complications due to excessive drug usage in Phnom Penh. He moved there, pissed away hundreds of thousands of dollars, and really went off the rails, I heard.

When the final list of really stupid things I have done and somehow survived is tallied and posted, very close to the top will be the rainy night in Phnom Penh when I climbed onto the back seat of Chris's rented 450cc off/on road Suzuki. God knows what I was thinking; he was as usual, totally trashed with the same deranged look on his face that Nicholas Cage wore during the entirety of "BANGKOK DANGEROUS"

The theme of this tour was a survey of the sleaziest, filthiest and most hardcore bars PP had to offer and on this subject, Chris was the unchallenged master. We slid and skidded from Sophies to Soho-2 to Cathouse, then on to a number of nameless joints tucked down alleys, each venue groadier than the last. I fervently wished I had listened to Frank who said "Don't do it!"

Chris finally passed out in some upstairs drug den/brothel and I somehow made my way back to Flamingos alive.

A few days after that he crashed out, messing himself up pretty good with a lot of broken bones.

I pretty much lost track of him after that. He would disappear then reappear, usually in progressivly worse condition. I was told he cleaned up and went back to Germany for a while,made some more money then returned to PP and his old ways.

He was truly brilliant and creative but totally out of control: an amazing character.

"He was truly brilliant and creative but totally out of control: an amazing character."

That was the same guy I met some ~5 years ago in BKK & I can easily imagine how control was eventually lost or simply he was worn out (of this life).

Likely he went without regrets. It could probably have happened to several of us under the 'right' circumstances...

Take care

Very nice little requiem dddave. I had a few chats with him in Thermae. Mostly about sex. He'd point out which girls gave 'good service'. It made my little philanderings seem trivial. He seemed doomed to me....desperate to make contact. Hope he found some peace.

I'm uncomfortable naming the guy here. Can we just call him Peter - I am not sure his dying wishes where for the world to know his real name.

KS - I recommend deleting, and for the record, if I die, please respect I don't want my name broadcast dead or alive.

Archived