Patpong Closed by The Red Shirts

Stickman

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"When I looked into the eyes of the soldiers I saw a strange look, not quite despair, but one which suggested they really didn't want to be there."

Wow you're really good. Looking into their eyes and knowing what the soldiers were thinking. :bow:

Actually the journalism here really sucks. :down:

Thanks for the report, Stick - this was my favourite part:

The usual odd characters were wandering around, the local loonies, ladyboys and freelancing prostitutes, none of whom seemed particularly concerned about what was going on and were quite happy to proposition passers by with a smile!

Love the photo of the Katoey next to the barbed wire, and the general boredom of the soldiers as they sit around waiting for something to happen - we called that 'hurry up and wait' when I was in the green machine.

The Pong was my introduction to P4P in the LOS - it was the only place I knew by name. The overwhelming mass of stalls came later and I never went back for Sanuk - several expats seem to like Patpong but I couldnt handle the crowds around those bloody stalls. Maybe they should leave the barbed wire in place when the crisis finally comes to an end .... :smirk:

Archived