Did a bomb just go off on Silom??

TheCorinthian

A friend of mine was there last evening and said he clearly saw the grenades being launched from within the red area. Clearly. No doubt.

I'm clueless about military/weapons matters but how is it possible to see from where a grenade is launched, before it explodes?

And once it has exploded how can you trace with accuracy from where it was launched?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know, as I did not interrogate the person thoroughly. Perhaps there's a flash, such as when you fire a rifle/handgun? Especially since it was night, a muzzle flash would be quite visible. Perhaps there's a bit of a 'trail'?

As I mentioned, this person was 100% sure, at least in his mind. Maybe he saw something else just before the explosions?

what does it matter who did what like fired another few M79 grenades to add the hundreds already fired in & around bkk in the last couple of months?

no one will be held responsible or brought to trial anyway.

as said it's a (freak) show to distract from the real action behind the scenes :rolleyes:

live with it. :)

I recall at least one Thai 360 poster saying that when they he was in the armed forces, he used these grenade launchers and they were highly accurate, within a few meters from several hundred meters away. The BTS station is much larger than a few meters in width/length, so I do not doubt the possibility of hitting it from within the red camp.

Also note that there was at least 1 news report last night whcih mentioned that shortly before these grenades were launched, Arisman, on stage, said that their black shirts would soon be helping them take care of the Silom group.

Compared to the yellows, the reds are less violent.

I'd say there is at least a 50% chance the PAD set them off to discredit the reds.

The crap the yellows were doing was covered up by the illegitimate press in Thailand. Plus it's a crime to discuss the motives of the yellow leaders.

[Removed - KS]

Wow, so much "head-up-assedness" in one place. You need to go back to stalking Thai guys at Ratchaprasong intersection and dodgy tuk-tuk drivers.

Here's an example your non-violent reds, inciting violence:

. Plenty of us here speak enough Thai to know that the subtitles are correct.

You did not see the yellows doing anything of the sort.

Archived