How long until it hits the farang end of town?

Old Hippie

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^But the point is that so far, the international media coverage seems to be leaning red. Taking foreign hostages would clearly radically change that. It would take a LOT of stupidity from the reds to do such a move.

Unfortunately, I have to agree that such amount of stupidity is in the realm of possibility as far as Thai politicians are concerned.

^^But the point is that so far, the international media coverage seems to be leaning red. Taking foreign hostages would clearly radically change that. It would take a LOT of stupidity from the reds to do such a move.

Unfortunately, I have to agree that such amount of stupidity is in the realm of possibility as far as Thai politicians are concerned.

Well, to tell the truth, I don't believe most Thai politicians care about what the world thinks, as most Thais don't seem to care as well really what we or the world think. We don't matter. Our opinions do not matter. Thais Love Thais, not farangs.

"Taking foreign hostages would clearly radically change that"

It sure would, but imagine the press over the outrage! It would be enormous and instant (whether negative or not). Their gripes would be debated all over the world, the coups brought up again and again, Taksin's treatment at the hands of the 'elite', the 'military coupmakers', etc. etc. There would be huge foreign press coverage of this. Front page news, and constant 24/7 deliberations on the crisis by CNN, BBC, Al Jazeera, etc. That is what they want, no matter what, no matter who gets hurt along the way. Means to an end and all that I suspect is their thinking ('their' being the more radical elements within or without the shirts leadership).

"Unfortunately, I have to agree that such amount of stupidity is in the realm of possibility as far as Thai politicians are concerned."

My point and my thinking, exactly.

All jmho.

Allegedly a red shirt leader had earlier denounced the Skytrain as a tool of the "urban elite". :hmmm:

I'd think Benzes and BMWs and limos more a tool of the 'urban elite' than the Skytrain. :shifty::crazy::rolleyes:

Nah, that couldn't be. The red shirt leaders travel around in chauffeur driven Benzes, just as they stay in a/c hotels. Power to the people! :D

Hi,

"Bust, He isn't even awake to know whats going on, that's news from 2 coup's ago, not how things play out this time, "

Once again you mistake Phreakho's words with those from Bust. Quite annoying of Phreakho to - once again - start using the same avatar as it is obviously confusing people.

Sanuk!

Thaksin's treatment by the coup makers would surely be brought up. But so would Takky's war on drugs, his actions in the South (Tak Bai etc), a review of the Supreme Court's seizure of his assets ... which was based on very sound evidence and reasoning. Takky would hadrly come up smelling like a rose (not even a durian).

Keep spreading the rumours, asy it often enough people will believe you.

Sad day when LK and I agree about paranoia.

Bust, He isn't even awake to know whats going on, that's news from 2 coup's ago, not how things play out this time,

Shit, now I have to agree with you.

Farangs were not the target last night. The group of no-color shirts and the troops on the MRT/BTS walk way, 100% Thai, were the target.

Spreading rumors about taking farang hostages is just not a good idea, and IMHO contributes to an unnecessary atmosphere of fear.

Last paragraph I do take exception to, but will let go for now.

TH

Archived