How long until it hits the farang end of town?

Old Hippie

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi,

"Bust, He isn't even awake to know whats going on, that's news from 2 coup's ago, not how things play out this time, "

Once again you mistake Phreakho's words with those from Bust. Quite annoying of Phreakho to - once again - start using the same avatar as it is obviously confusing people.

Sanuk!

Preahko is using Bust's tar cause Ratchada is using Preahko's original avatar now. Now...add 1+1 and you get..... :doah:

Uh no ... Preahko's original avatar was some nude guy wearing a thong. :p

OK' date=' Old Hippy should have a copy then. :argue::D:spin: [/quote']

I burned all the pictures you sent me...of you wearing that thong...made me sick! Dumsoda and NG liked them...

That seems pretty paranoid IMHO.

1% chance' date=' but only because nothing is impossible.[/quote']

Paranoid? I don't think it is that far out of the realm of possibilities and likelyhoods.

I just posted this earlier today in the 'Peaceful Resolution' thread:

All,

Latest 'rumour' I've heard from a good source who knows someone on the inside of the reds is that there is a plan by the radical elements to kidnap farangs to use as 'human shields' to dissuade the army from attacking them and clearing them out. (And to tell the truth, I imagine there would be some farang that align themselves with the red shirt cause that would do so willingly.)

Would that work? Who knows, but I do know I would be staying far far away from any red shirt protestors and rallies and such. You guys running around near these demonstrations are playing with fire I suspect.

Would they actually do something like this? I suspect so. Desperation and all that. Not all factions are nonviolent and sane within the party of the reds, and one hand does not know what the other is up to it seems from what you read/hear daily from their 'leaders'.

Peaceful resolution? I highly doubt it will end peacefully.

I take no sides in this. It's all up to the Thais. I can't vote, I am not a citizen, it isn't my country (though I love it here and love the people and wish them the best), and I am just here at the whim of the government until they change their minds. If it gets too hairy I'll leave for a while (likely over the Cambo border in Chong Chum at a nearby Cambo hotel), but as DC says, it's not a problem up here in Surin... so far. Red shirt demonstrations do occur at the government house up here. So, I stay away from government house.

But Songkran was business and pleasure as usual here. Loads of fun, no problems.

Take care down there in Bangkok though guys, and stay the hell away from the protestors and don't tempt fate. They are lobbing grenades at public transportation areas for god's sake. It could happen to anyone, and getting hit with grenade shrapnel is no fun.

Stay safe and use your head (the big one for once).

Cent

I don't think it is all that ridicules to think it could happen at all. Right now, you have 3 basic types of reds, the truely committed, the paid and those wearing red and pretty much using this as an excuse to do as they please. There is no reason to think they won't ultimately start hitting farangs, not for any red related cause but just because...

As far as "human shields" goes, I could see it happening, not saying it will, but I am saying it could, and it wouldn't be a big surprise at all.

But hey, I hope it is a false rumour and does not come to pass. Just passing along what I heard, and thought to maybe warn off some of these guys who think hanging in the red shirt demonstration zones is a lark and sanuk and... cool. Look at me, I am brave and cool, I hang in the danger zone. Zipperheads as we say where I am from. Then when something goes awry and they are hurt we can all feel sorry for their dumb asses?

The flip side of course is -- what about all the people that alter their travel plans or perhaps never see LOS at all due to fear of violence.

Is there *really* that great a threat? How many foreigners have been hurt by the protesters in total?

Depending on how abstract you want to be -- yeah, anything is possible. I don't even think 'fear' is a bad thing. The fear that drives me is that of having gone through life never experienced the richness of it due to perceived dangers all around.

There's a difference between stupid, and not succumbing to hysteria. And people will draw their own lines.

To me anyone that would go into the red camp and dance around is a fucking idiot, mostly because it's not our fight and their presence there is obscenely false. But -- OTOH, I refuse to abandon LOS or Bangkok because of a small number of incidents with foreigners. Yeah, if the REALLY did start hunting farangs or violently exploiting them I'd be on the first plane out. But that has not come to fruition in anything but rants on forums.

Show me the money.

Whoever this Nervous God cat is, I'm starting to like him more and more. :up:

Alright, my time here is limited and there's work to be done -- as Confucius once say: "I'm gonna fuck some broads, before I leave this place..."

BTW - Chiang Mai is fucking blazing hot the past couple days. I thought it was supposed to be cooler up in this piece. WTF DUDE?

OK

"The flip side of course is -- what about all the people that alter their travel plans or perhaps never see LOS at all due to fear of violence."

Let's get a little abstract then. What if they do come to Thailand and get killed by these grenade launching idiots? No longer abstract then is it? Just because it hasn't happened yet (except the Japn. videographer killed earlier - who was doing his job and knew there could be dangers in doing that job) does not mean the possibility is not there, and it is becoming a more and more distinct possibility, especially for some clueless tourists who may not be up on the news and know which places it would be smart to avoid.

"Is there *really* that great a threat? How many foreigners have been hurt by the protesters in total?"

A few so far, and one killed, the Japn. jounalist/cameraman. The Aussie guy yesterday, who could have just as easily been killed rather than receiving minor injuries as reported by the press. Yes, there really is that great of a threat. Shit luck so far really no more have been killed or seriously injured, farang that is.

"Depending on how abstract you want to be -- yeah, anything is possible."

True. Anything can happen and does all the time. You can get run over by a bus, stabbed by some ya baa hyped freak on Suk,or any other manner of bad crazy things.

"I don't even think 'fear' is a bad thing. The fear that drives me is that of having gone through life never experienced the richness of it due to perceived dangers all around."

There are many dangers in life. I have faced my fair share of them. I am not saying anyone should not come to Thailand. What I am saying is to be careful and not be a damned fool. The warning is cautionary, informative, FYI so people can make better decisions about what amount of 'possible' danger they may want to place themselves in. That's all.

"There's a difference between stupid, and not succumbing to hysteria. And people will draw their own lines."

Exactly. And some will be just plain stupid as well. We can't deny there are many stupid farangs out there. See it all the time really when down in Bangers. 55555. (I include myself at times in that stupidity.)

"To me anyone that would go into the red camp and dance around is a fucking idiot, mostly because it's not our fight and their presence there is obscenely false."

My feelings as well. Wankers.

"But -- OTOH, I refuse to abandon LOS or Bangkok because of a small number of incidents with foreigners."

Neither would I. But I would like to know the scoop on where are the more possibly dangerous areas and rumours of the possible areas and things I might need to know to keep my ass from being fried. That is what is good about the net and these type of message boards.

"Yeah, if the REALLY did start hunting farangs or violently exploiting them I'd be on the first plane out. But that has not come to fruition in anything but rants on forums."

So far, you are right, and I hope it stays that way.

"Show me the money."

Watch the news, you just might see the 'cash'.

"Whoever this Nervous God cat is, I'm starting to like him more and more."

He's a good friend of mine, but a big fucking wanker. Avoid him. He thinks he is a god! A nervous one at that. Not a cat either. Quite the opposite. :evil: :clown::beer::yeahthat::rotfl:

"Alright, my time here is limited and there's work to be done -- as Confucius once say: "I'm gonna fuck some broads, before I leave this place...""

And here I thought that was Plato that said that. Fucking Chinese are first all the time. 555

"BTW - Chiang Mai is fucking blazing hot the past couple days. I thought it was supposed to be cooler up in this piece. WTF DUDE?"

In Surin the heat has been murder the past few weeks. And I like hot weather, but this has been pretty damn brutal lately.

Cent

Archived