How long until it hits the farang end of town?

Old Hippie

Prove you right? Howw so? I don't think you understand what I'm saying. My point, once again, is this: Farangs are not being actively targeted and made objects of violence in Thailand/BKK.

The red mob doesn't actively targeted foreigners but definitely affects our life here in Bangkok. This morning they blocked teh sky train so I had to use a motobike taxi to get to our office in Langsuan. We tried to enter via Ploenchit but the mob stopped us and won't let me pass. WTF? Police around doing nothing!!!!

I have to work from home today unable to get important documents to prepare a contract. Thsi is not life threatening but absolutely not acceptable anymore.

Abhist and Anupong do your duty and act!!!!!!!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Close the airport vs close the BTS...hmmm...both are bad!

Closing the BTS will involve many Thai citizens, of course, Thai workers were involved when the airport was closed.

No matter, closing the BTS will (may?) get some attention!

Per the Yahoo news clip, the tires were only(?) placed on the BTS platform, not on the tracks, still shows little security for the BTS...a bit noticeable when people are humping tires up to the BTS platform!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100427/ap_on_re_as/as_thailand_politics

Video shows tires on the platform: http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/external/reutersav/av_reuters_all/35c93d70ff8f416327c2f7a018affaf4/35953906;_ylt=ApmlEVthMkiNdl5dYACgWs79xg8F;_ylu=X3oDMTE5cWR1YWs4BHBvcwMxBHNlYwN5bl9yX3RvcF92aWRlbwRzbGsDdGhhaXByb3Rlc3Rl/*http://news.yahoo.com/video/world-15749633/19339125

Thai protesters disrupt Bangkok commuter service

...Before sunrise Tuesday, a group of Red Shirts entered a downtown Skytrain station and placed 30 tires on the platform...

Hi,

Yep, had two meetings canceled in the last week :(

Sanuk!

Only 2?

Your lucky ..... at least 10 commercials, tv shows and movies that I know of.

Things seem to pick up though. Some commercials that were postponed have started casting. We currently have castings going for 4 movie projects. The Amercican/Japanese one in Rayong. A Spanish Tsunami moving (shooting August/September) for which they need many featured extras/small parts and many many many extras :) (so if anyone is interested get your details to the emailadres of my agency in the other thread old gits can apply ;p). A Danish Muay Thai movie and a German movie (both also shooting august and september). And we have good hope that a huge pirate movie will start shooting in November according to a big Thai movie company for which we are a prefered supplier of people :)

Now all I need to do is survive until all of that kicks of :) And pray there is not any more major violence ....

Sorry for your lack of rerouting creativity. Did you have travel insurance? Then it was pretty painless, eh? If not, som nam na. U-Tapao was open, pax & cargo, as was all the other airports in the country.

If you own a business in Siam Square, you've been shut for a couple of weeks now and most small businesses cannot handle that. Same for the big malls, but I could give a fuck about big corporations as they can deal with it.

Close the airport vs close the BTS...hmmm...both are bad!

It amazes me how the Red Shirt Apologists seem to overlook the fact that UDD DID ATTEMPT TO CLOSE SUVARNABHUMI AIRPORT with the terrorist attack on the THAIPLINE fuel storage depot at Lam Luk Ka.

If that attack had been fully succesful it would have had a crippling affect on air travel from Suvarnabhumi for MONTHS not just a dew days, but hey if failed so in that case it nver really happened and does not get discussed.

Archived