Al Jazeera's headline today

Wallenda

Dude, sorry but 99 out of 100 people reading just that headline would assume that it meant that the protestors were hit. "A protest" is a group of protestors.

The protest wasn't hit. A crowded commuter train station of innocent bystanders was, around 300m away from the protest/protestors.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Call me a cynic if you will, but let's look at the train of events. The so-called multicoloreds came out, ie read PAD guards, and were seen provoking the Reds as detailed by witnesses on various blogs. The reds didn't respond. Next we have grenade launchers firing at innocent civilians.

So no one else sees a deliberate escalation here, the PAD were watched by the army and police who did nothing, when no reaction, well, surprise, surprise, it escalates further. Even the reds wouldn't be that stupid to alienate everyone, sounds like a setup to me.

Now I doubt the army fired them either, it is probably the PAD goons, under orders no doubt from the die hard establishment trying to provoke the army into a nice Thai style cosy massacre. Suthep, not the army, was quick on the air assigning blame...hmmm. As in all situations, think, who will benefit? The army appears to not want to use force, so how about some persuasion.

Call me a cynic if you will, but let's look at the train of events. The so-called multicoloreds came out, ie read PAD guards, and were seen provoking the Reds as detailed by witnesses on various blogs. The reds didn't respond. Next we have grenade launchers firing at innocent civilians.

So no one else sees a deliberate escalation here, the PAD were watched by the army and police who did nothing, when no reaction, well, surprise, surprise, it escalates further. Even the reds wouldn't be that stupid to alienate everyone, sounds like a setup to me.

Now I doubt the army fired them either, it is probably the PAD goons, under orders no doubt from the die hard establishment trying to provoke the army into a nice Thai style cosy massacre. Suthep, not the army, was quick on the air assigning blame...hmmm. As in all situations, think, who will benefit? The army appears to not want to use force, so how about some persuasion.

You are not a Cynic you are a Moron.

How can you support the Red Shirts? They are the reason that Star of Love has been closed...

It is 8:30 in BKK now. If I was in BKK I would bet you a beer that that soldiers or police, using night vision of course, make some sort of incursion into the Red zone tonight to try to locate the grenade launchers.

Sometime later of course when everyone has drank more.

No - not true, hard heads in the Yellow faction want violence to so they can justify a coup.

Thankfully Abhisit knows a coup exits him as well, and personally I think he's a soft head, which is great for this country right now.

That said as a red supporter/

Would that be the same Red Supporter whom this non-coloured democrat supporter has financialy assisted 2-3 times in the past?

Existing Government need 6-9 months to ensure 2011 expenditure policies are agreed by the house before the Government is disolved.

Would you prefer a snap call now where no policies are in place, you may be naive in your own corporate finances and can call on friends to bail you out, don;t apply your ignorance to a nation.

Wake up Dyslexic Doggie!

That's pretty below the belt mekong, frankly the reason for the delay is simple, every side wants to be in the seat of power when the time the nation fears comes.

I'd like to see 3 months dissolution, or I'd like to see a unity government, though that would be about impossible to do now.

I think Abhisit and cool heads in the red camp have done a great job not starting a riot and civil war.

I think hard heads in both sides want a war.

Simple as that,

FARK I gave Abhisit a nice word - hang on - I've been doing that for a long time, going back to BEFORE the first election after the coup.

Stop being snarky.

FARK I gave Abhisit a nice word - hang on - I've been doing that for a long time, going back to BEFORE the first election after the coup.

That is true. I have heard God saying that he thinks Abhisit is ok .... I disagree with him on many things, but fair is fair in this case!

W

Archived