Cent's Starbeam Restaurant in Surin url link

Central Scrutinizer

Just so you all can see what I have done in Surin. Here's the link to my new restaurant's website (done by Plaroma in fact).

http://www.starbeamrestaurant.com/

Go to the guestbook and sign in and comment. Come up and see me sometime and have a bite and a drink or two, or three. We have AC upstairs and downstairs, so a good new place to cool off. :-) Good farang and Thai food.

Cent

p.s. Anyone coming up to Surin you can get plenty of info from my website on the city, hotels, and such. Or, just give me a ring or drop me an e-mail. All the contact info is on the site.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cent I am still awaiting an answer on the question I put on your guestbook:

Cent, Good luck to you and Waen on this endeavour and if I ever get to Surin I will surely come by and eat some! I hope you serve real Fries though and not the McDonalds variant ;)

Kim,

No. I play bass guitar. The guitar player is Dan the Man from California. Great guitar work and excellent voice. His versions/covers of Tom Waites are incredible, especially 'Plastic Jesus'. The harp player is David, a Canadian harmonica player who is extremely talented and sings very well too. He's played/jammed with some quite famous people and has played for decades. Lots of blues and rock. He's a professional artist/painter who also sells his work in my restaurant. Does some wonderful Thai themed paintings.

There are actually some very talented farang musicians in the area. The first Sunday of every month they all get together, when in the area, and jam at a place called Ludo's Time Out up in Prakon Chai. One guy, an American named John, is an excellent guitarist and singer. A must see really. Ludo the owner plays guitar, another guy, a Brit named Alex is great and has a huge songlist he can do and does very well. Lots of fun really and a great night out for all. Check it out here: he has video and pics on his site: http://www.bankadon.info/

We play, Dan, Dave and I, every other Friday night at the moment in my Starbeam Restaurant's Upstairs Music and Sports Lounge. We have an open mic night where everyone/anyone can play and sing. It has become quite popular.

Cent

p.s. Actually we will be playing tomorrow night, Saturday the 23rd, as it looks to be storming here soon and David has plans for tonight.

Waerth,

I serve straight cut 10 mm french fries, not the shoestring MickeyD's fries, nor the 'crinkle cut' fries. :content:

Cent

Good I am considering evacuating out of Bangkok for a week or so ... you are on the options list than :)

W

Archived