3-D Television

unit731

Look guys, Sony had 3D televisions back in the 80's/90's ON SALE. The market wasn't there then and so products were taken off market.

Granted technology is very good today, I feel the same basic problem exists: they are creating demand artificially, not meeting an existing demand. Obviously the timing is good (Avatar 3D and buying rights to air the world cup in soccer), but the fundamentals are the same:

Imagine how you watch TV today: you sit down to watch for duration or your doing stuff in the kitchen and then you go back to the sofa. With today's 3D technology, you would be taking these 3d glasses on and off every other moment. Now your friends comes by to watch soccer or to watch a movie: fuck you don't have enough extra 3D glasses laying around! What do you do!? I can come up with a hundred scenarios where the social habits of people simply becomes a barrier to the adoption of the 3D TV of today.

That being said, 3M and others are inventing 3D TV sets that requires no use of glasses. That's when I will buy one :)

You need my patented 7 camera / fishbowl screen viewer to watch my "Almost There" TV.

Unfortunately I have not invented it yet (physically) but have the concept perfected in my mind.

It is pretty cool - makes you feel like your sitting on the 50 yard line, or behind the third base seat, or 5th row courtside.

Cheers!

Archived