Thaksin, where are you?

Flashermac

The most recent time was when I took an Australian TV crew for the Sunday Night show starring Ian "Molly" Meldrum. Walking around Ratchaprasong with a flamboyant Aussie pop icon clad in his trademark black outfit and a Stetson hat was one thing. Seeing a lady red shirt screaming "Molly! Molly! I watched your show!" was something else. But all that is beside the point.

beside the point indeed, so why name-drop (of some no-namer, at that) at the start of an opinion piece?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game Over -- Thaksin Shinnawatra is Dead

Posted by Piset, Reader: 1805, 07:46:15

Sunday 25 April 2010

At the moment, I am still waiting for further confirmation.

The latest information I have received indicated yet, the Shinnawatra family is contacting with Thai government for permission to return the body of Thaksin Shinnawatra to Thailand for Funeral.

The latest news from Bangkok indicated that at least 3 of the Red shirt leaders are not at Rajaprasong now, they may have got into the U.S. Embassy compound seeking political asylum.

If so, the game is over.

However, some of those others at and around Rajaprasong gathering may be left without supports or directions now.

Wishful thinking?

Probably just wishful thinking, but consistent with several recent events:

Abhisit's apparent confidence of TV this morning

Lack of visibility of the red leaders

instructions to rank and file Reds to prepare and have non-red clothes

just to list a few.

To me it is just wishful thinking. Nevertheless I have to admit I heard a lot of rumors from different sides about his deteriorating health.

BUT why should Thaksin stage this whole red stand off if he is really deadly ill? If he knows his days will be numbered I am sure he would spend his short time left differently. OTOH this Thaksin and I never understood the guy anyway.

Archived