Odd evening in BKK

LizardKing

Someone asked me how is the atmosphere in BKK? I say very, very tense. Moseso than in 1992, but admittedly I was just commuting here back then from a nearby country to see the wife's family, so maybe I misjudge.

Today was weird. At Spice Girls, two skint-looking Thai guys started a fight with the bouncers there. They lost, and the police came and arrested the two. I never got a straight story what it was all about.

And later, in Washington Sq, two equally skint-looking Thai guys came into a bar I know (Ms Perfect's new place), and were asking many questions about ownership and customers, and insisting that they park their car in front of the bar. They were nicely run off, but continued to hover around in the shadows outside until the place closed -- the gals there were so freaked out that they asked me and a couple other guys to stay for some form of security and to walk them to soi 22 to get a taxi.

Could be coincidence and nothing to do with Reds, but it still makes me go "Hmmmmm." That kind of stuff is not something you see once a year, let alone twice in a day.

After that drama, I ran off to my well hidden bourgeois Japanese club and drank some B440 whiskeys LOL!

A cause for worry? Dunno. But given odds, I'd say the shit will hit the fan within this week.

Be careful out there lads.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived