Odd evening in BKK

LizardKing

The incident you saw was a result of an earlier fracas on Friday night between Thaitanium the Thai rap artist and his entourage and the security at Spice Girls. A couple of chairs were thrown, but on the whole the Arab's security were quite restrained, and the incident was over in a minute or so. The "celeb" quickly scuttled away.

However on Sunday a couple of his entourage went back looking for some sort of retribution, but were hopelessly inadequate.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ah. Thanks Farangman. The "celebrity" angle explains why the Thai guys were there as it seems that I rarely see Thai customers in bars on Cowboy. I was under the impression that the bars usually keep them out?

Not Thai celebrities. I have been with quite a few Thai actors and comedians to bars in Cowboy. The excuse always was they needed to show their Farang friend around ....... never had any trouble. Girls usually all over the group I was in. Some disappointed and scolding them as they had expected better of the celebs ......

Most bars in the main try to keep out Thai guys, mainly because they could be:

a) undercover police

B) boyfriends of the dancers who could get jealous when they see their girl working

c)or they could just piss off farang /japanese /korean etc customers.

As was pointed out, sometimes it is difficult to refuse when they enter with a farang.

Putting myself in the shoes of the OP, I could easily dismiss the SC incident as being a one-off. The latter incident at WS on the same night would have creeped me out, though.

Maybe 'Thaitanium' buggered off to Titanium and his posse needed a place to park? :tophat:

Dont know about GoGos, but I have never had a problem with a Thai guy in a Bar Beer. Not thrilled when the cops come in - they look a little too smug for my liking - but even then its not hostile. I wish I could say the same about my fellow Farang.

I was paranoid about rich Cambo kids and their goons when I went to PP, but didnt have any issues with the locals there either - touch wood, my good fortune will continue.

Archived