The BTS is shutdown.

zen4dummies

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tires and other debris placed on the track by the Red Shirts around Chitlom Station late last night/early this morning.

Strange with The Nation SMS alert though, they mentioned the blockage, but said that the stations were open throughout the system - seems they meant to type closed.

I don't think that it opened today. Does anyone know why?

It is open until 8 pm. Don't be a rabble rouser and don't spread rumours.

Full of shite as usual' date=' know the facts before you make a fool of yourself (again)

Travelling by skytrains is paralysed Tuesday morning after a group of red shirts used tyres to block train tracks at Chidlom station, forcing the authority to suspend all services.

Skytrain authority is now negotiating with red shirts.

However red shirts leaders said on stage at Rajprasong rally site that the blocking is a decision by a group of red shirts, not by them.

At 5am, a group of red shirts carried tens of tyres and went up to Chidlom station. they then threw the typres onto the tracks.

The skytrain authority then ordered suspension of all skytrain services shortly before the scheduled openings at 6am.

There are a lot of people who wished to use skytrains to avoid traffic which is congested following heavy rains in early morning. They looked upset when learning that the services are suspended.

Skytrain executive Anat Apapirom said in an interview with a news programme on Tuesday morning that the red shirts also turned away security cameras at the station so that they would ot capture their actions.

Link

There were hundreds of soldiers near the Asok station this morning at 8am. They walked down Suk in small groups of 12-15. All were carrying rifles with magazines in place.

When I walked thru the area about 9am, there were still dozens of armed soldiers lining Suk. every 10 feet or so down to Soi 15 (both sides of street) and up on the BTS walkway. Not sure where the other soldiers disappeared.

There was also a large army truck broadcasting over a loudspeaker but don't know what they were saying. Some of the normal vendors were not in their usual positions along Asok this morning. ALso many soldiers near the Asok BTS station entrance on Suk but not on Asok.

Suspect something is up or about to happen....

Traffic was a nightmare this morning - as bad as I have ever seen it on a weekday morning - and that is saying something given that it is still the school holidays which means you don't have all of the mummy and daddy taking Somchai to school cars on the roads.

I got to the BTS station at 0600h this morning, gates closed, security said closed all day everywhere. Went back home, went on BTS' website.

NOT A SINGLE FUCKING UPDATE ALL MORNING!! Just the "open 0600-2000" scroll running.

Called every number listed on their website. Constantly busy.

Monkeys with trains.

There were hundreds of soldiers near the Asok station this morning at 8am. They walked down Suk in small groups of 12-15. All were carrying rifles with magazines in place.

Still there at lunchtime. And these are the better grade of soldier, equipped with the Israeli TAR-21...

Can't seem to figure out how to add pictures, so here's a link to a few I took at lunch.

Archived