Another Red Shirt Thread

bust

I know it is an important issue but how many threads do we need on the same topic :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I'm going to post naked pics in the sponsors section :drool:

How about one single thread to handle everything related to Thailand? And if you can write any replies you intend to make in advance, that would be helpful.

This must be sarcasm, this suggestion. Nobody could seriously be suggesting such a stupid idea.

All news stories are the same topic? Does it annoy you that they print fresh newspapers every day, just going on and on about the same old topic ?

If I didn't like reading topics on different news stories, I wouldn't come here. It looks more to me like you just like to :banghead:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name=wendella

How about one single thread to handle everything related to Thailand? And if you can write any replies you intend to make in advance' date=' that would be helpful.

This must be sarcasm, this suggestion. Nobody could seriously be suggesting such a stupid idea.

All news stories are the same topic? Does it annoy you that they print fresh newspapers every day, just going on and on about the same old topic ? [/quote]

Not sure why you think I am being sarcastic but then again your post tells me a great deal about your logic.

The fact is there have been almost 100 new threads on the Red Shirts and the current political situation in the past week or so and majority of them have none or a couple of replies.

I am in full support of discussion on this board but I think at times people start new threads for the sake of it and it does not really contribute much to the story.

But hey what do I care wendel

Not correct. The 10 most recently posted topics have reply counts as follows:

Like any topic posted on the forum, tendency is for there to be no replies immediately after it's posted, and for it to grow after that.

I'll try to take it down a notch so we can discuss this reasonably.... I come on here to see what the latest developments are in this. It's one of the first things I look at every day. For me it's very handy to see Flash's headlines, and then easy to go comment about each development separately, rather than all mixed together the way some other forums do it (one single giant thread). That makes it easier to discuss each topic without having to work just to follow the thread of a single converastion. Basically, mixing different conversations together tends to diminish the engagement for each as it's just harder to follow.

I can understand it being annoying when one single story gets broken into separate threads, but any development that's worth its own headline in a newspaper ought to be worth it's own headline here.

Also, if there's one single thread, then we are all forced to read every dumb fight any 2 members get into, and there would be no way to ignore it (for good example, that Saeh Dang thread has gone off the rails, just SO many way-long fight posts). So then we'd have to try to have a discussion in the middle of a brawl. Not exactly prime conditions for good discussion.

Dude, Flash is my hero! Everyday I kneel down and burn incense in front of that picture of ... what the hell is that animal anyway? Lemur?

Seriously, Flash gives me my daily fix of Redshirt news.

I'd agree if you were limiting your head-banging to the threads that really do belong under a single story and not really new ones unto themselves, such as when a new thread gets started over a detail of a story, rather than just a followup inside that thread.

Archived