Likely scenarios

Wallenda

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the leaders go to hotels every evening right? just arrest them somewhere along the way together with their few bodyguards :rolleyes: how hard can it be really? :banghead:

How hard? For this group, impossible. Did you see the Laurel & Hardy sketch that happened last time?

Another scenario:

Warren Buffet talks to Thaksin and converts him into a philanthropist. Takky gives away most of his money to help the poor and retires to a quiet life in Montenegro. Weng becomes a slap stick comic on TV game shows. The red shirts each get 5 rai and a free buffalo, which they promptly slaughter and eat with sticky rice. They mortgage the land to buy booze and STs, and when it is gone they descend on Bangkok and demand more land and another buffalo. Abhisit retires to the US and replaces Jay Leno on TV.

Sondhi becomes the new PM. :content:

Believe it or not, I ended up in the Red Shirt camp yesterday. I had no intention of going there, but I don't know Bangkok so well (usually in and out for me).

Yesterday, I was supposed to meet a friend at Emporium. I asked a motorcycle taxi driver to take me there.

I had a feeling I was going in the wrong direction, and when I saw the barricades, I was sure of it, but I thought, what the hell.

We passed through a Red Shirt check point and the motorcycle taxi driver left me in the middle of the camp.

I would estimate that there were no more than 500 people there in total (probably fewer). The guards didn't look very tough and didn't appear to be armed.

There were no cops around.

Many of the people there were lying in the shade or lining up for free food.

I have no idea why the authorities can't drive these guys out.

It'll be easy enough if they storm it in the morning...

Interesting little tour yesterday anyhow.

Ha ha! I didn't stick around for the food. The queue was a little long, and the food looked shit.

It was eerie down there, though, with all the malls deserted, and with the barriers and makeshift shields and spears.

Seemingly the bulk of protesters show up in the evening.

I'm sure it will be busy over the long weekend, but when I was there it was a very tame affair.

Several dozen old grannies sitting in front of the stage with their umbrellas to keep the sun off and some very tired looking poor folks on mats, who looked like they were suffering from heat exhaustion.

As of: 03 May...

If this happens, me thinks that blood will flow in the streets, but hoping I am WRONG!!!

Thai premier says protesters will be cleared

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100502/ap_on_re_as/as_thailand_politics

BANGKOK – Thailand's prime minister said Sunday the government was preparing to clear an area of Bangkok defended by thousands of anti-government protesters, seeking to end a crisis which has virtually paralyzed the capital.

Many Thais have grown increasingly frustrated with the stalemate, which has dragged on for nearly eight weeks, claiming the lives of at least 27 people and costing the country tens of millions of dollars. It has sparked concerns of a flare-up of civil unrest.

"We are sending a clear signal that we have given people enough time to leave (the occupied zone). We are now in the process of sealing off and cutting off support before we actually move in," Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva said in an interview with several foreign journalists to be nationally televised...

Archived