Reds storm hospital

Coss

One more thing about Twitter: are there ANY reports by Twits ;) that aren't angry, shocked and apalled at what they're reporting about? They're like little bombs of emotion. "First, my strong feeling -- later maybe you can read any facts about this thing I'm reporting about in a newspaper or something. Me I have no time for those OH MY GOD!"

Every time I read a series of Tweets, I'm left wondering what the hell just happened that they're talking about, but am perfectly clear about how they feel about it. Emotion gone viral.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you are going to make quotes at least get your facts right, there is no such publication as the Pyongyang Daily only Choson Sinbo, People's Korea and Sinboj.

Therefore your posting is more bullshit than the articles in The Nation than you are complaining about. There is no need to make you look a twat, you do a perfectly good job of that yourself.

:applause: amazing...someone actually takes the time to find the names of n korean newspapers...you should apply at the nation, they sure need subs like you...

i thought it was very clear by now that i'm the board's resident twat, so no need to point out the totally obvious...

You don't have a very open mind.

Whilst I agree that the Nation is a retarded rag, that doesn't change the fact that the reds stormed the hospital.

That is news, I'll post it if I want to.

Coss

problem is, if the nation "reports" something you can't be sure at all if it actually happened. if something noteworthy does happen, other, less unreliable, sources like the BP will have reports as well. these reports are unlikely to have twitter feeds as their main source.

by now, no serious foreign media outlet will quote the nation, unless they want to highlight the shrill demagoguery of the yellow shirts.

Let's just hope the reds don't ever fall sick

Opinion by Atiya Achakulwisut

I felt a sting in my eyes and a peppery taste of tears welling up in my throat the minute I saw the photo of an elderly woman being wheeled out of Chulalongkorn Hospital to be put in a taxi so that she could go and receive medical treatment at a "safer" hospital.

Chulalongkorn Hospital had no choice but to shut its doors to new out-patients except emergency cases, and evacuate its in-patients to other hospitals after red shirt leader Payap Panket led a number of guards and protesters in storming the hospital on Thursday night, citing their fear - later proven unfounded - that the hospital was housing soldiers.

Does Mr Payap think other people have no fear? Of his self-aggrandisement and contemptuous act of intimidation? Of the self-appointed, seemingly omnipotent red guards? Of constant attempts by the red leaders at empowerment without any shred of responsibility except the indifferent excuse: "That so-and-so act was not sanctioned by the core leaders?"

Pardon my anger. The reason I am so emotional about the hospital's evacuation of its patients is my mother has been ill. I immediately empathise with the old woman in the picture who had to flee while still wearing the hospital's blue uniform, relying on a cane to get herself into the taxi. I can feel what a painful, inconvenient and terrifying experience such an abrupt escape can be. What I can't understand is why couldn't Mr Payap or his intrepid band of red supporters see the trauma which their night-time, unauthorised raid into the hospital caused?

I wonder if these raiders have parents, relatives or friends who have ever been sick. Can't they imagine what anguish a patient would be in if he or she cannot get to a hospital and see a doctor because the entrance is blocked by protesters demanding that the House of Parliament be dissolved? Can't they feel the agony of the patients' relatives, who had to run around trying to find treatment somewhere else?

It is painful enough to be ill. It is utterly uncivil to add to that suffering simply to advance one's political agenda.

My mother has HNP (Herniated Nucleus Pulposus), a condition commonly found among the elderly in which a fragment of disc nucleus is pushed out of its margin and presses on the spinal nerve, making it extremely painful for her to walk (sometimes it hurts even when she remains completely still). The ache in her hip and legs comes in waves. Sometimes, when a particularly bad wave struck, my mother would be in so much pain that tears ran down her cheeks. When I saw my mother like that, the only thought in my head was to get her to the hospital as soon as I could. Can anybody out there imagine what it would feel like if I wasn't able to do so because a group of people had an urgent need to have an election that couldn't wait? Imagine the excruciating pain. The anger.

My mother is lucky that she has responded well to medication and does not need to go to the hospital every day. But what about the hundreds of people out there who need to? People who are denied the medical services they have every right to, just because of this demand for ""democracy"? The irony is sickening.

You don't have to wear a shirt of any colour, to root for any political ideology or support any particular political party or personality, to know human decency. It's the same whether you are an amataya or a phrai. Without that respect for humanity, there is nothing left. Even democracy or a new election would mean nothing.

The apologies from red shirt leaders Natthawut Saikua and Dr Weng Tojirakarn (not from the red raider Mr Payap) are cheap, probably as cheap as Prime Minister Abhisit's vow made for the umpteenth time that unlawful behaviour and acts of intimidation will not be tolerated. I understand that for the red shirt protesters, the situation is as if their "democracy" was sick and they would like it to be attended to quickly. But there is a big difference between an ailing concept or process, and a real sick person. Will democracy die if we don't have an election tomorrow? I don't think so. But a patient who needs to undergo dialysis on a daily basis might.

Among the young and old patients evacuated from Chulalongkorn Hospital yesterday was a newborn baby named "Peace". We can only hope she grows up to see her name become a reality in her country.

BP

Flash.......I think Mekong posted this same story just a few posts ago. Maybe 10 back???

KS.....just my opinion.....but this is becoming as bad as the US Presidential crap that happened before with threads all over the place. A million threads about the same thing. Any way to combine them into one and just have it run it's course there?

KS.....just my opinion.....but this is becoming as bad as the US Presidential crap that happened before with threads all over the place. A million threads about the same thing. Any way to combine them into one and just have it run it's course there?

This is a THAI board and this is THAI news.

If the posts were on USA360 then you would have a point!

Hi,

"but this is becoming as bad as the US Presidential crap that happened before with threads all over the place. A million threads about the same thing. Any way to combine them into one and just have it run it's course there? "

Huge difference is that the US presidency crap had NOTHING to do with Thailand, this crap affects the daily lives of quite a few board members.

Sticking it all in one thread would make it impossible to discuss.

Sanuk!

Archived