Luggage delayed?

drogon

A few years ago I flew with EVA and my luggage didn't arrive with my flight (a few other passengers had the same problem) due to a late connecting flight.

EVA representative at old DM gave us 6K baht (if I remember well) per day the luggage were delayed (and of course they were delivered for free at the condo)

I wonder if this is still the case with airlines these days and I would suppose the procedure can be rather more difficult with some airlines.

Someone who knows more about that?

As a matter of fact my (small) luggage didn't arrive yesterday (not that I care much as there was just a shirt, underwear and a few items) -> Aer lingus just told me to fill the form....

After having searched the subject -> it appears you are entitled to claim a compensation when your luggage is lost (at least two general agreements valid more or less in every civilized country).

In the case of a delay in the arrival of your luggage you are also to be compensated by the airline but there seems to be no consistent rates...

Some airlines seem to pay up to 190 euros/day upon presentation of the invoices (for clothes, toot brush and so on..), other airlines seem to pay up front a 'daily rate' but it also seems to vary from one airline representation to another

Will dig up more

good reason to pack enough stuff to get by for a few days in your carry on.

Thats good advice. I have diabetes and one thing that pisses me off about the travel regulations is that I am only allowed to carry enough syringes in my cabin baggage for the flight and none spare for lost luggage.

no on the contrary good time for 'free' shopping at siam paragon - oh no that's closed!

I also never got money direct from airlinest but got reimbursed for shopping from various 'insurances' ranging from eurocard, diners or SOS international etc & their policies vary (max amounts/day etc), but in general delay has to be more than ~3-6hours & shopping can begin ;)

I can only speak of the airline I worked for (which was eaten up by DL) but if your bags did not arrive with you, you would be reimbursed up to 50 bucks usd for essentials the first day and 25 each day after up to 4 days. After that, it was handled by our central office. I suspect the money amounts are similar if not less now for all US carriers.

Archived