World Cup 2010

BadaBing

Ok soccer dudes...call it what you may , but the next WC will take place during my next trip to LOS. For the record , this will be 3 in a row that have taken place during a trip to LOS...

So....who will win ? why ? who's hot and who's not ? Should I even care ? any thermae updates ?

:soccer::soccer::soccer:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since its taking place in South Africa during the Southern Hemisphere Winter European teams will have the edge over South American.

My money is on Spain.

totally agree, best performing team so far !

and I will be in Spain on holiday at the same moment :)

BB

Since its taking place in South Africa during the Southern Hemisphere Winter European teams will have the edge over South American.

My money is on Spain.

Out of the big 2 South American teams, at least 95% of their squads live and play in europe. So I don't think it should make much difference.

• 4 weeks later...

Spain is the obvious favorite. Brazil second I suppose. The world cup is probably the one time Americans en masse watch football (soccer).

Really hoping the U.S. team do the English team. England has to be the favorite in that game but I have a suspicion we may eke out a draw. Both sides should go through.

My dark horse is Holland. Which may not be such a stretch. Of the African sides, I think Ivory Coast are the best in terms of talent but they are like the French team of Africa and tend to underperform. They have a decent array of talent: Drogba, Yaya and Kolo Toure, Kalou, Eboue, Zakora...all of them playing in the EPL save Yaya who plays for Barcelona. However, Ivory Coast have a tough group and may not get out of it. If they do I think they could go to the semis. Ghana is interesting. They did very well in the cup of nations without a few of their european based players like Essien and Appiah. The reason is they have a great yonng team who were u20 world champions and relied mostly on them. Defensively they are great, scoring is the problem.

I don't see much out of Argentina as long as Maradonna is managing them. They barely made it to the world cup. Great player, bad coach. Same goes for France.

Germany and Italy can never be counted out.

Archived