World Cup 2010

BadaBing

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that Algeria played very well and I thought they'd won, until Donovan's (fortunate) OT goal. But, also consider that the USA had an earlier goal {Dempsey?] called offside, but a replay revealed the call was incorrect.

None the less, everyone's happy...england and the US both go to stage-2.

Now hoping Germany falls flat and Ghana wins the group, however, I afraid the US won't get passed them in their Stage-2 meeting!

I thought last night's game they played very well, defense included.

Of course the US is one of the teams the FIFA refs hate and fuck over at any chance, so I do agree that getting any further will be tough.

But is is music to my ears when I get my English mates to tell me who won Group C. :rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl:

Seriously, a Thai/English friend said to me "Good for the Yanks. Two good goals disallowed in two crucial games. Any other nation would've been torn by riots already."

Great joke LK. Heard that one too MM. My sleeper team (if you can call a team with a FIFA ranking of 4 before the WC sleeper) is still Holland. They are playing better defensively now. They don't seem as strong as prior Dutch teams but then again, none of the traditional powers seem like world beaters.

England played better against Slovenia and it could have woken them up along with a change in personnel and strategy. The two changes (Milner and Defoe) made the goal.

America do have a problem defending but its early in the game usually. We concede early. Once the game gets going we usually defend fairly well. The England goal, Slovenia goals and Algeria hitting the woodwork came very early in the game.

If I were the FFF I'd start over. The french side are a mess. I probably wouldn't keep most of the current players. I'd get a new coach, get the best of teh U23, U21 sides, get the best players not to be invited who have the best skills and are hungry and work towards the next world cup. Use the competitions in the interim (Olympics, Euros) to work on putting together the best team. Not just a collection of the best players. I'd look for coachablity and attitude as much as ability. If a player is invited after having a great season and he has ego problems he wouldn't be invited back.

Archived